ls9 16 monitor mix

conan

Hi,

Im mixing monitors next week on a ls9 16 for a few rock and roll bands. Iv mixed monitors before so no problem there but never on an ls9 16. Any tips or advice for me so im not going in totaly blind. I believe there 7 monitor sends to 5 monitor sends, 1 drum fill and 1 set of in ears.

Cheers

Hi,

Im mixing monitors next week on a ls9 16 for a few rock and roll bands. Iv mixed monitors before so no problem there but never on an ls9 16. Any tips or advice for me so im not going in totaly blind. I believe there 7 monitor sends to 5 monitor sends, 1 drum fill and 1 set of in ears.

Cheers

Heya,

the desk is real easy to use as long as u know where to find everything.

-id be on 'custom fader' for sure . just so u have everything u need on one page and dont have to press a lotta buttons when live.

-many many mixes for everything.

-a diff matrix for every send so that u can increase and decrease levels of mixes real fast.

-have a seperate send fader for reverb on the desk . makes it easier.

- if u look to the bottom right hand side of the desk, there are buttons that can be customised. can be handy for muting and stuff, depending on your venue.

thats all I can think of right now.

hope this helps.

You'd also be worth familiarising yourself with the Sends on Faders function - double press any Mix button to show the Aux sends of that Mix on the main faders. Essential for monitor mixing.

You'll probably also want to look at the mix setup pages, so that you'll be able to turn all the mixes to pre fader - unless the desk is already set up for you.

Archived