Sound, Light & Event tech @ Derby uni

sweeet, same matey. Can't wait to get my hands dirty! Where abouts are you from?

I'm commuting from Shepshed (Leicestershire) everyday in an attempt to minimise the debt.

Are you doing 3 or 4 years? Everyone I've met so far is doing the 4 year foundation, so I'm yet to meet someone in the same situation as me.

For the first time in 3 years, I'm not!

Is that a good feeling or a bad one? :)

Would be interesting to find out what your up to now Jon and if you've got any advice as well as drinking lots of beer.

Adam.

• 3 months later...

I've been thinkingg about applying for this course next year to go after a gap year becuase I didnt know what I wanted to study. Has anyone got any veiws on what the course is like? Whats the social side of derby like? Is the course challengeing? Difficult? Boring? Exciting?

Cheers, James

Hi, James,

Hopefully, you will get some feedback from SLLET students, as they will be able to give their honest appraisal!

However, I believe that the course has a good academic challenge (it's an accredited Engineering degree), could at times be seen as difficult, but has a sufficently broad approach to entertainment technology to provide you with a range of employment options. Our graduates are working in many sectors - e.g. hire, freelance, design, technical sales & support, touring, broadcast, manufacturing, research, consultancy etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions via PM - lest this becomes an 'advert' and gets zapped!

Simon Lewis, Programme Leader, SLLET

SLLET...

Quite simply worked for me,

and a few of my friends within one year of leaving the course have gained very good jobs / careers due to how they have applied the knowledge gained from SLLET.....including tours with some very high profile artists and also good influential positions in some large companies.

Note: This course gives you a lot of extremely good, USEFUL knowledge, but not the right to be a 'top dog' in the industry..... Simon Lewis and his 'crew' will give you x amount of knowledge, only you can turn that into the next rung on the ladder.

And the early learning centre (I mean library) is actually a good place to spend sometime in

again search for previous statements or PM me for more info

Archived