Combined data/power connectors

dirkenstein

Something like the Trident or another Veam offering? Probably overspecced and will cost the earth but...

The other one we found is the Souriau UTS. Still too expensive, and wildly over-specced, but oddly cheaper than similar alternatives:

Souriau UTS Catalogue

They provide a screw-terminal version of the 7-pin size 14 connector that would work nicely, I think.

I'll probably still go with a 16A Ceeform, Powercon, or IEC and a 5-pin DMX connector.

The pilot-pin Ceeform idea sounds interesting, for future reference at least.

I have no idea where to find 7-pin CEEForms with pilot pins. I know Walther make some, but only for 3-phase.

RS/Farnell don't stock them. Do ordinary electric wholesalers/trade counters have them, or only on special order?

Are there only red 7-pin Ceeform connectors, or can you get a blue 5-pin equivalent (that obviously don't intermate with 3P+N+E 5-pin connectors)?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manufacturer with the widest range of ceeforms I know of is Mennekes; most other manufacturers (eg MK) just make a popular subset of whats possible. Mennekes make loads of the possible combinations, maybe all of them.

Start at the Mennekes website, find the UK distri, and go from there.

I'm fairly sure a plug with pilot pins wont go into a socket without pins, but a socket with pilot holes will accept a plug without, as the pilot pins are "extras" and the layout of the 2/3/4/5 "normal" pins are fixed by specification.

yes, purple Ceeforms do exist. They are rather rare though

24V 50-60Hz if memory serves....

A bit O/T but I believe that the purple ceeforms are for 24/25 volts AC or DC, for example they are mounted on fire engines for use of 24 volt lighting equipment, powered from the battery/alternator of the fire engine.

They are sometimes fitted to M.E.W.Ps to enable the use of a 24 volt lead light from the vehicle battery.

And there are three weatherproof ones in garden of a friends house, supplied with 24 volts DC for portable lighting and Christmas lighting.

Portable or wall mounted transformers with purple ceeforms are available for lead lights, with a 25 volts AC output.

Archived