Fast Fold Screen - size of bolts.

ocfe

Hi there.

I've just dug out my fast-fold screen, and found that there are no bolts to join the screen onto the base.

Does anyone know if you can use a normal bolt rather than a FastFold Crank, and what size I'd need? I imagine the cost of the fast fold part will, although the right thing for the job be expensive to replace?

Any pointers welcome!

Thanks

I **think** they're an Imperial equivalent to the M8. We have had to repair a clients screen recently, and M* bolts will get a turn or so in before binding on the thread. If it's a proper Da-Lite Fastfold, then you can get hold of spares from Da-Lite via a distributor in the UK. I'd have expected them to be a £10 or so for a set of 6, but don't quote me on that!

they are all different!

I have some harkness hall fastfolds and a couple of screenworks screens - I think that the screenworks ones are compatible with dalite in terms of bolts and popper positions. weirdly my 2 "identical" harkness 6x4.5foot screens have different popper layouts meaning that each surface only fits on its own frame.

harkness recently quoted me £30+VAT for a set of 6 bolts (£5 each what a bargain!) - makes a bit of threaded rod bent in a vice seem like a very attractive option.

• 7 years later...

Repairing the frame of a client's fastfold... I think it's screenworks, the cranks seem slightly larger than M6, definitely smaller than DAlite ones. Anyone know what size bolt I'm looking for?

Thanks

Yorkie

Archived