led litle lights

themadhippy

Guest lightnix

You may be able to make your own replacement from the base of a blown bulb, fitted with a white LED and dropping resistor, then packed out with Araldite, although you'd need to find a way to direct the light downwards.

I've just had a look at the Littlite® website and they already do an LED version, although the LEDs aren't interchangeable with the old bulbs.

EDIT: Damn you and your quick fingers, Mr. Hughes :unsure:

cheers chaps it was one of those fag break chats,we've sevral littlelites,and at least one blows lamp every week so an led would be an ideal retrofit ,sounds like its going to be another BIY (bodge it yerself) job

• 1 year later...

Howdy folks. . .I'm a little late to the party but did want to reply to this topic. I work for Littlite and we have sampled quite a few bayonet base LED lamps from several manufacturers and the results have been dismal. Weak light output and a very narrow beam.

If we ever do find an LED lamp that would work in our standard product, we would make it available through our dealer and distribution network but unless or until they can provide enough performance to be useful we will continue to work on our current LED projects.

Archived