Coemar CF1200 NOT PANNING!

alstewartle

Hi all,

Just got a Coemar CF1200 in for repair. I'm not overly familliar with this particular Coemar unit...and can't currently get hold of the UK support team.

The situation is basically this. Turn unit on - all resets fine. Control via DMX and the pan motor is not respoding at all. It goes to home on reset and the belt / tension is all OK. I've checked all the multipin cable at both ends and it seems OK. Could it be a chip blown on the main board? I thought I'd ask if this is a common / known fault with these before I stripped the unit down further.

It has been kept in excellent working order and cleaned regularly.

Cheers!

Alex

One thing to try, you can pan them via the menu: does that work?

Edit: You may need to make them do one of their self tests to get this to happen - it's been a while since I last had to fight one of these but I have some recollection of not all attributes being available on the menu for some reason.

Edit: You may need to make them do one of their self tests to get this to happen - it's been a while since I last had to fight one of these but I have some recollection of not all attributes being available on the menu for some reason.

Yes tried this - and it just freezes the menu system and doesn't do anything...! Implies either chip or some PCB shenanigans...struggling to get hold of Coemar UK (now "Purple") - worryingly think they may have gone bust. Have also emailed Coemar direct in Italy.

Yes tried this - and it just freezes the menu system and doesn't do anything...! Implies either chip or some PCB shenanigans...struggling to get hold of Coemar UK (now "Purple") - worryingly think they may have gone bust. Have also emailed Coemar direct in Italy.

Burple UK are the UK contact - 01767 681006 - http://www.burpleuk.com/ - spoke to them last month so hopefully they havent disappeared since then!

Burple UK are the UK contact - 01767 681006 - http://www.burpleuk.com/ - spoke to them last month so hopefully they havent disappeared since then!

Have already tried to call a few times today - no answer, I'll keep having a go though!

They're probably on holiday!

If the pan resets ok, smoothly without juddering or crashing into mechastops, this pretty much rules out the motor and drive chip. Do all the other functions work ok, responding to DMX or test mode (t01)? Is the head encoder enabled in the menu? Make sure it is, (OPTO=ON) then after reset, pan the head by hand, it should snatch itself away and resume its original position. This rules out alot of electronics including the pan encoder.

Burple is still the current uk service agent for coemar only spoke to Tin a week or so ago they are a small but very technical team it can sometimes take a few days for answer by email but they always reply try tin@burpleuk.com hes often working late so maybe try calling at different times.

I nearly cried when I saw this post!

I ended up working 24 hours yesterday due to 22 coemar cf 1200's..

Theyre old and past it.....

We have them in our warehouse and they spend more time open than turned on..

The easiest method of fault finding their electronics is just swapping IC's with a known working CF... Obiously with a litle of an educated guess and not just blindy swapping any old IC.

I always find with Cf's they give me annoyin "faulse positives" etc.. I keep being SURE I've found the fault. replace the part and it changes nothing.. They can be quite irritating!

Do you want to swap it with me for one I have that wont stop panning?? we can meet half way and maybe the 2 fixtures would work themsevles out HAHAHH!

Archived