bust flatteners

glossy

I wondered if anyone had any tips for underwear for 1920's costume for extremely large busted ladies.I have tried sports bras and wrapping spandex around but they have to do so much jumping around and lying down it just doesnt work

every trinny and suzannah type thing is fine for tummy flattage but there doesnt seem to be any bust suppressory type things at all

cheers

Glo

You said wrapping spandex. What about clingflim ? it will be sweaty but might work. It has that extra "cling"

Also exactly how much of a drop in size are we talking. I am sure some one more adequate might come along soon but I am fairly sure you can't make THAT much "go".

We had a student who was DD and there was minimal movement so we had to fix the costume to make her fit.

It's always been binding of one kind or another. Anything plastic won't work from the comfort point. You block the pores, it gets very yucky and nasty! The old technicque simply used crepe bandages as they are stretchy, and porous. They let sweat through, soak up some of it saving costumes, and can simply be washed in the washing machine. If you use non-porous membranes this is crazy. Ever tried using leccy tape as a plaster and seeing what your finger looks like just a few hours later? Daft!

Archived