Pyro and Firework regulations

Chris Adam

if you are employed by the Local Authority from Cleaner to Local authority Boss you can set off Fireworks with out Training, experience etc

Not true. I'm employed by a local authority, working in the electrics department of a council-run theatre. We also do firework displays, and anyone who's firing with us must have at least BPA level 1. So I'm afraid you've been misinformed (as far as this particular local authority is concerned, at least).

Thanks I am Glad some authortiies do what yours do but that is not the way the act is written, It sounds like they are doing a proper job.

It's got nothing to do with "the act" - it's a condition of our PL insurance. I strongly suspect it would be a condition of the PL insurance of any other local authority doing the sort of fireworks work that we do, too.

Gareth you are missing my point. The Act includes Public authorities as a "Special" case for some reason. That is what is so interesting.

It is not about PL, risk assements, Training etc which apply to any body and are directly part of the act.

My self and other collegues who are all BPI registered etc have allways thought it was unusall that this group of people should be mentioned in the Act but not other groups . Why are they Sooooo Special

It looks like a clause written for the favoutorism of the writters of the act ( Government) to the people who can use the fireworks eg Cat 4 been more Government people.

Eg if a Person comes in to the Fireworks Shop and say they work for the Local authority and can prove it what do you do if they ask for some Mortars! ( I know you wouldnt sell it) but are you breaking the.

Just an interesting anomilly thats all.

Archived