4 x Comp Video over Cat 5 (CPC Product)

jimbo7744

Does anyone on here have any experience in using this CPC product?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productd...jsp?sku=SR07127

<SNIP>

It would be used for a CCTV install, sending 4 camera feeds, but I would just like to check the bandwidth of the transmission to make sure the 540 line cameras wont be degraded over an approximate 200m Cat5e run.

Obviously I don't want to loose any definition of the signals so that's my paramount concern that the sales guy's couldn't confirm.

Subject: RE: your query

Date: 18 August 2009 08:52:51 BST

To: ***@***

I have been waiting for a response from the manufacturer.

There should be no noticeable degradation in the colour image over 200m when used with good quality Cat5E or better cable.

Has anyone used them and is the signal reliable and full SD Pal? As it has been over 2 weeks without any real specifications being sent through. Just what seems to be speculation as to any degradation to the signals.

I really could use anyone's experience of these unit's as I'm quoting on a job.

The Application is CCTV. Rather than sending 4 coax's, this unit would just require 1 Cat 5 cable. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. The camera's output between 520-580 lines.

Jimbo

Moderation: I've had a go at tidying the quotes in this post, and obfuscating an email address. If any of the essence has been lost, let me know where I've gone wrong!

I don't know about the cpc ones but the ones I use look very similar

They work really well. I use them for sending 4 composite signals 400m

for imag (camera to led video screen)

b4 you install, get the boxes and some cat5 cable

and make sure.

It's 27 quid for the box. Why not just buy one and try it?

(CPC have a good returns policy)

Since it's just a passive balun, and the tx and rx are identical, you only need to buy one to test, and loop the cable back.

Thanks Jason,

That seems to be the problem that the unit's are un-branded. No manufacturer for me to contact, however I suspect your unit's are probably the same but from some of the many suppliers offering them.

Your opinion is helping my nerves as I have quoted the job and hope these will do the job!

Jimbo

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

It's 27 quid for the box. Why not just buy one and try it?

(CPC have a good returns policy)

Since it's just a passive balun, and the tx and rx are identical, you only need to buy one to test, and loop the cable back.

How would that work?

Surely you need a TX and RX box (2 x the identical unit's described) to use them and test it?

CPC might have a good returns policy, however I don't want to spend money buying 2 unit's to test them on their behalf if they don't have the spec's or are not able to contact the manufacturer of a product they sell. Hence why I'm asking on here.

Jimbo

From the (limited) info available, it looks like it's 4 separate baluns in one box. Terminations are on a RJ45 or push terminals.

So get one box and use the push terminals; connect the twisted pair side of one balun to the twisted pair side of another using one pair from a drum of cat5.

Archived