Useful extension lead for multiple outputs

Light Console

Just to let the BR know that B&Q sell a 13A extension lead with about 10m of flex before a "T" junction to a 13 socket every metre or so. It is about £23, and seems like an interesting idea. The sockets are all bright blue, which again is useful for identification. We have bought one to try, if nothing else, there are some security screws on the "T" junctions, so I can adapt the lengths to suit our needs.

Edited to add a Link.

That's interesting. I'm now sat here trying to think of good uses.

Useful in an orchestra pit, or on stage for bands, or situations where several "wall warts" are in use that are oversize.... hmmm :)

I noticed one of those in B&Q and immediately thought orchestra pit and bands onstage too. I think I'll have one or two in my extensions collection. Where else but the blue room would you get even a tiny ripple of interest in a new extension? What a wonderful place. I eagerly await the discussion about PAT methodology which is bound to follow. :)

I popped the lid off one of the joints today, and it isn't great. A bit like a joint box, the seperate cables wiggle around to find their chums. All three cables from the "T" are then cramped (poorly) and heatsunk (also poorly). Not as impressed with them now! Rewiring is possible to adjust the gaps, but not easy.

Archived