Inherit the Wind

teszwa

Hi, everyone !

I am working on props for "Inherit the Wind" and I can't get hold of the paper Baltimore Herald or any american newspaper from around 1925, so I can change the title and the headlines.

I've looked everywhere and to no avail.

Could any kind soul save my life and help me, please?

Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you very much.

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Morning_Herald

Also google have lots of leads.

Maybe its time to message the Maryland State Archive and get some info, possibly some type faces and logos then get someone to create a mock up on modern newsprint.

Some newspaper printers will allow you to have short roll ends of paper for little or nothing.

Remember that the paper is so long defunkt that no-one alive can accurately remember the style to criticise your mock up. Bulk text for mock ups is sometimes called "Greeking" and is possibly available in pages for cutting and pasting electronically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Morning_Herald

Remember that the paper is so long defunkt that no-one alive can accurately remember the style to criticise your mock up.

good advice generally, but having suffered personally* from experts picking up on props that you'd imagine no one would know about, dead or alive, I'd still reccommend researching the real thing as well as possible...

*details can be important - on a show set inthe 1860's, we had to have a cowby walk in to the homestead carrying his saddle, leaving his dead horse behind in the desert (luckily we didn't need to source a horse - though it might have been easier). after 3 weeks of phoning (no ebay in those days) we found someone with a western saddle prepared to lend it to us for the 6 week tour. great - except that post show comments from audience members included the remark that the cowboy was from Tombstone, and the saddle was obviously Canadian.....people can be really picky!

Archived