Acoustic Simulation Software

i_broom_56

im looking at purchasing an acoustic simulation software package. The aim is I will be able to visulaise how sound behaves within a given environment. therefore the package must contain ray tracing and show all calculations. I would also like it if the package I purchse would be able to have an audio output that will show the audible acoustic changes within the environment. eg if acoustic panneling was put in place - how the the environment would change. any suggestions? ive been currently looking at both the Odean and EASE software. does anyone have any strong views for or against these?

Ian

there are more box manufactures doing plots for ease than anything else.

its true ease seems to be the standard, and I find the tech support great from them, the manual is the size of a concrete block! intensive read!. ease 4.3 just released last week, as you need ray tracing, aura and ears you will prob need the full version not the Jr version. works out around 4000usd with the aura and and ears modules.

Ian,

Ease is probably the better known package, and is widely supported by manufacturers or has speaker data provided by independent third party test companies.

Ulysses is often mentioned as a perhaps more cost effective product. However, if this is for commercial use, you will find both Ease and Odeon in use, and some companies use both. My preference would be to use Ease with the full auralisation package. Bear in mind that you will get 5 licences.

Oh, you might want to update your profile?!

Simon

Archived