Showtec show bars

billy bobinski

Hello All,

I have inherited a couple of the Showtec 4 way DMX dimmer Tee bars, for use in smaller venues. Only problem is that I don't have the instructions with them. I got them working with a desk this weekend after a lot of trial and error button pressing, but apparently, they have an adjustable pre heat.

I'm hoping to be using them with LED cans next weekend as opposed to filament and I don't think that I'll need the preheat, besides I just want to see what can be done with them in standalone.

Again, any help on this would be superb.

Cheers, Billy

Its a slight pain finding Showtec, manuals now, manuals download is missing from highlite.nl and the showfoto.nl pagespreviously referenced are no longer active.

BTW who are NSS?

Cheers for getting back to me,

Sorry NSS = Northern Stage Services, based in North Manchester

Just wondering if these have been proven to be reliable, and the 5a rating works with a 1k par on a long term basis.

What outlet sockets do they come with, Iec, schuko, and powercon, or captive inlet mains.

Does the sliding captive nuts add flexibility, or just make the securing weaker?

Also has anyone tried the Thomann stairville £70 version, or do you pay for what you get these days?

Just wondering if these have been proven to be reliable, and the 5a rating works with a 1k par on a long term basis.

What outlet sockets do they come with, Iec, schuko, and powercon, or captive inlet mains.

Does the sliding captive nuts add flexibility, or just make the securing weaker?

Also has anyone tried the Thomann stairville £70 version, or do you pay for what you get these days?

Hi there,

The ones I've got have schoko sockets, which isnt a problem 'cause I just bought some adapters for them. I've got them working with 1k lamps at the moment, but what I have found is the larger the load, the more perceptible the mains hum is on the PA at low dim levels. I can't say how reliable they are as I've only had these for a few weeks, but they seem to be built well and have a sturdy feel to them.

The inline channel fuses are rated at 6.5A, so I expect that they have been built to stand that kind of draw. The downside really is the captive nuts for fixing the cans as you either spend time stripping the bars for transport or lugging them around in one piece, which can take up a lot of space in the back of the truck/van. Other than that they seem OK for the price.

Hope this helps,

Billy

Archived