unique e - 1 error

lightmaniac

are you sure about the order of the parts?

becouse I think that the filter is connected with a white plastic part to the heater the oblong black part (which I thoght was the heater) and then goes to the pump and so on..

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6607/jruniqueinside.jpg

the big coil in the center is also a heater but I belive that has nothing with the E - 1 prob

are you sure about the order of the parts?

becouse I think that the filter is connected with a white plastic part to the heater the oblong black part (which I thoght was the heater) and then goes to the pump and so on..

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6607/jruniqueinside.jpg

the big coil in the center is also a heater but I belive that has nothing with the E - 1 prob

I am almost sure you have labeled them up incorrectly.

With reference to your diagram I think they are as follows:

Filter is the fluid pump

Heater is a solenoid valve. i.e. its a valve that requires a solenoid to operate it

Pump is a little air pump that would be used to add air to water in a fish tank etc.

The reason behind the air pump I think is to stop any blockages within the heater core and to dampen the output from the fluid pump before it reaches the heater. For example if you have seen a Magnum hazer or a Jem 24/7, it is not very smooth output because the pump is a digital pump (the same style pump is used in the Magnum,24/7 and the unique). It uses Pulse Width Modulation to vary the output and therefore is not smooth at all, for the first few seconds, as the output reaches its desired level (set point). That is why a Magnum coughs and splutters for a bit before it becomes smooth... ish...

The heater block is that coil of stainless pipe that is lagged with fiberglass in the very top of the unique. Its heater is down the middle of the coil of pipe with a couple of wires going into it. You can tell it is the heater block because there is a thermal trip switch in series with it and also the wires are protected with heat resistive braiding.

The filter however is that brass honeycomb like circle at the very beginning of the fluid line. Its the bit that drops in the fluid bottle. I can not remember off hand if there is another filter within the fluid line. But if there is it will usually be before any pump of valve etc to reduce the risk of foreign objects getting into any moving parts.

I know I haven't answered you question about the E-1 error, but I hope I have broaden your knowledge on the unique.

Good look sorting the problem.

Regards

Steven

I am almost sure you have labeled them up incorrectly.

With reference to your diagram I think they are as follows:

Filter is the fluid pump

Heater is a solenoid valve. i.e. its a valve that requires a solenoid to operate it

Pump is a little air pump that would be used to add air to water in a fish tank etc.

The reason behind the air pump I think is to stop any blockages within the heater core and to dampen the output from the fluid pump before it reaches the heater. For example if you have seen a Magnum hazer or a Jem 24/7, it is not very smooth output because the pump is a digital pump (the same style pump is used in the Magnum,24/7 and the unique). It uses Pulse Width Modulation to vary the output and therefore is not smooth at all, for the first few seconds, as the output reaches its desired level (set point). That is why a Magnum coughs and splutters for a bit before it becomes smooth... ish...

The heater block is that coil of stainless pipe that is lagged with fiberglass in the very top of the unique. Its heater is down the middle of the coil of pipe with a couple of wires going into it. You can tell it is the heater block because there is a thermal trip switch in series with it and also the wires are protected with heat resistive braiding.

The filter however is that brass honeycomb like circle at the very beginning of the fluid line. Its the bit that drops in the fluid bottle. I can not remember off hand if there is another filter within the fluid line. But if there is it will usually be before any pump of valve etc to reduce the risk of foreign objects getting into any moving parts.

I know I haven't answered you question about the E-1 error, but I hope I have broaden your knowledge on the unique.

Good look sorting the problem.

Regards

Steven

that sounds right so thanks for the help I'll double check it as soon as I get to my storage.

still looking for E - 1 description

any help would be appreciated.

Archived