Is Nick a trekkie? - poll

Dave

Is Nick a trekkie?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nick a trekkie?

• Yes
    • No

Saving a fortune more like  It's not just the amdrams who do this, according to my big book of Star Trek The Next Generation (and no I am not a Trekkie !), the floor lenses from the original transporter room became the ceiling lenses in STNG, the STNG transporter room also featured chunks of sick bay from ST The Movie and Spocks coffin made a number of appearances as a photon torpedo, floating stretcher thingy, etc...  

Oh yes, and Neelix was a Ferengi in a couple of STNGs  

OK, I'll boldly go and get my coat, sorry... anorak  

I have to say that I'm not convinced by Nick's denial. Anyone who owns a "big book of Star Trek The Next Generation" must be a trekkie!

Shall we take a vote on this?

Well I went to the ST thing in Hyde Park, and wa thoroughly facinated by the amount of re-cycyling that went on in the construction on ST sets, I mean the amount of old broadcast equipment that made an apearance in Enterprise was something else. Oh and comparing the Enterprise A and D Bridges was realy cool

But I would say that I'm not a trekkie as it is my fiancee who is and I was accompaning her therefore I would argue that you don't have to be a Trekkie to know Trekkie stuff but you have to know Trekkie stuff to be a Trekkie.

OK?

Oh and I own most of STV, TNG and the first series of DS9 on VHS and 30 odd novels.

James

Guest lightnix

Thanks, James. Actually I haven't been to the exhibition. Or seen all the films. Neither do I speak Klingon. And I thought DS9 sucked. And the book was a Christmas pressie.

So there.

:blink:

On the other hand, a local mate of mine was telling me recently about some real saddos he used to know at college. Apparently when they got home at the end of each day, they used to change into Star Fleet uniforms and address each other using Star Fleet protocols and etiquette :blink: Bits of the house were done out like parts of the Enterprise and the whole place was wired up with speakers to play background Sound FX off some Trekkie CD they'd found at a convention :huh: I kid you not :)

'Lo

Trekkie stuff fantastic.

For many years I worked aboard the enterprise fixing all the broken fixtures. Hard work it was.

Got offered some away trips but because they did not have per diems I had to turn them down.

The most annoying thing about this space stuff is having to go around with your phasor set to stun. You see it in all the programs ' set to stun.'

No fun I tell you cause the gun has many settings that just never get used. THWOCK, NA NA NA and SPLISH are all features that never get used. I am going to have to find myself a quiet planet and try these things out.

You will know if I have been successful if on a trek related program you hear the captain say ' set phasors to THWOCK'

Now must go got some planet leave with 5 security mates of mine. Strange people they never say much and have big targets painted on their chests. We're going to explore some dark caves and then maybe go to that dark manson on the top of the hill that looks empty.

:)

Thanks, James. Actually I haven't been to the exhibition. Or seen all the films. Neither do I speak Klingon. And I thought DS9 sucked. And the book was a Christmas pressie.

So there.

Hey - I can't speak Klingon but I did have a school Physics teacher who once set an entire homework assignment in Klingon in the hope that slightlly more of us would actually do it and hand it in.

It didn't make sence then and it doesn't now!

(I haven't actually watched any of the DS9 yet - I always thought it was very arc'y and not as tidy as B5)

James

I'm scared. Is this a case of technician = Trekkie?

If so, I'm opting for Stage Management... :huh:

Rach

Good on you...come over to "the dark side". :)

The ewoks that stage management clutter their prompt desks with are way more cute than any Lt Uhura doll. Curious that stage management seem more aligned to Star Wars. (mumbles off into the corner about The Force being the only code to live by if you have to be nice to actors for a living...)

Archived