Nottingham I. Arena Walkout

doublebarrel

Hi Chaps /ess`s I dont post very often but I`m being nosy !! Does anyone know why the sound at the legends of motown show was so rubbish / loud ( alledegly ) that people walked out asking for a refund. on the local radio station they have been told it was down to the equipment ! Surely someone had a hand on a knob oops!! fader etc.

Guest lightnix

I don't think it's possible to comment, unless anyone was actually there.

I don't think subjective speculation will help, either.

Ok mate I agree, but out of nosyness surely someone , stage manager ? should have got a hold of the situation and said something. after reading this forum for a long time I think there are some on here that would have been chewing someones ears very quickly !! but as you rightly say dont speculate it was only if somebody had knowledge of the situation. thanks kev.

Ok mate I agree, but out of nosyness surely someone , stage manager ? should have got a hold of the situation and said something. after reading this forum for a long time I think there are some on here that would have been chewing someones ears very quickly !! but as you rightly say dont speculate it was only if somebody had knowledge of the situation. thanks kev.

A quick google search didnt turn up many relevant results or 'reviews'. Normally in my mind a punter is more likely to review a gig if it has been poor, so it surely wasn't that bad was it? Although not being from the area and therefore not hearing/seeing local press I wouldn't know.

J

The Motown Legends show that was in Nottingham on 24th June? Probably mixed by a guy from Minnesota?

You read that PSW thread too eh Simon? :D

haha I was keeping quite, sure the engineer doesn't want to be hassled about a show he's probably long forgotten about.

off topic... do you have an SC48 Gareth?

That'd be the one you contributed to? :D

Umm, yeah, maybe...

In fairness though the guy from minisota was only mixing one of the bands and since no one has any idea what caused what problems we should all be wary of commenting. I for one am certainly in a glass house here so putting down the stones seems like a plan! :rolleyes:

do you have an SC48 Gareth?

Sure do. What do you need to know?

Moderation: Sorry chaps, but this is what PMs are for. Could you please use that function for chat? Many thanks.

Guest lightnix
...Probably mixed by a guy from Minnesota?
You read that PSW thread too eh Simon? B-)
haha I was keeping quite, sure the engineer doesn't want to be hassled about a show he's probably long forgotten about.

My point exactly. You may have a sh*t gig one day, too - for whatever reason and I'm sure that the last thing you'll want to see is a bunch of people, who don't know you and who weren't there, picking over it in various web forums :D

As this has already been dug over elsewhere, maybe someone can link to the aforementioned PSW thread. That way, the OP's curiosity will be satisfied, we can all move on and the BR can steer clear of yet another gig-bashing thread :rolleyes:

Win :)

As this has already been dug over elsewhere, maybe someone can link to the aforementioned PSW thread. That way, the OP's curiosity will be satisfied, we can all move on and the BR can steer clear of yet another gig-bashing thread :rolleyes:

I think this is the one but there isn't much info there, just a guy sayin' he'd be in the UK on tour.

Mac

Archived