Does anyone know Jon Salman?

Rob K

I'm trying to get in touch with a chap named Jon Salman, who has posted on this forum as "wibwob". I arranged to buy some equipment from him a while ago, and have posted a cheque (which has been cashed) but now all has gone quiet. I'm assuming he has forgotten to send the goods to me, but I am struggling to get in touch with him via email.

He's based in Newport, Wales, and works as an LD and lighting operator. Maybe someone on this forum knows him?

Please help if you can!

Moderation: This is a reposted thread. Please only reply if you can help the OP and not to speculate on what might have happened...thanks. Bryson.

I see you have had problems with Jon Salman, I have had the same problems as yourself.

I paid him £90 for some plugs and sockets back in May, everything seemed ok and he told me that they had been sent, they never arrived, nor did the next two shipments, the personal dellivery, or the refund he promised me.

I have been in touch with the police who are looking into it, I also spoke to my bank who rang him, he emailed me within 5 minutes and told me he had refunded my bank transfer, it should be in my bank in a couple of days?

If you are going to report this to the police and I can be of any help let me know, people like this need to be stopped.

As Scanman says, sadly he has now contacted me saying he will refund me - by today - but there is no refund.

Assuming nothing shows up on Monday morning, I think I'm going to have to go to the police and his bank. Luckily thanks to the blue-room I now have a phone number, address and bank details for him.

Very sad that this sort of thing happens. Potential purchasers, be warned, and feel free to PM me for more info on what to watch out for.

Guest lightnix
...I think I'm going to have to go to the police and his bank...

...Who will probably tell you to take the matter to court - it's a civil case, not a criminal one.

You can make a Small Claim using the Courts' Money Claim Online service. I used it last year and it was a pretty smooth process.

e2a... Probably worth keeping an eye on this thread, too ;)

I am happy to say that I received my refund in the post today, it's just a shame that it's taken since May to get this far.

It is well worth a talk to the police and your bank, both were very helpfull and took it very seriously when I spoke to them.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately nothing has arrived for me, so I'll be taking this to the police/his bank, and will also use that link Lightnix posted. I'll keep people updated... For now I would strongly advise thinking twice before dealing with Jon Salman, or his Blue Room alter ego Jon Davies.

Guest lightnix
Unfortunately nothing has arrived for me, so I'll be taking this to the police/his bank...

You can try; but as I said, they probably won't be interested. Trading Standards may be able to do more - especially if they receive several complaints, from different sources <_< :** laughs out loud **: :)

Archived