Martin Roboscan Pro 218s

Mry0y0

I've just recently taken over a club and I'm trying to get their ancient and crappy light scene going. I have four Martin Roboscan Pro 218s. Two of them were in a closet and off to the side and are not functioning at all but two are still hanging. They're running on a Martin 2308 controller which has more duct tape than plastic at this point. I'd like to just get them to run in the auto mode for music or trigger. I cut the power to them and give them like 15 min to cool off, then I've messed around with the different DIP switch configurations for auto-mode. They just come back on and don't do anything. Is there anything else I'll need to reset to get them to work by themselves?

How many dip switches do these have? If it's 6 then they are MK1 versions, if more then MKII DMX ones, for which the manual is HERE with the settings on page 7.

They have 10 dip switches. I pulled up the manual and I've tried the various stand alone configurations but they just don't seem to do anything. Is there any type of reset that I have to do since they were previously on a controller?

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

How many dip switches do these have? If it's 6 then they are MK1 versions, if more then MKII DMX ones, for which the manual is HERE with the settings on page 7.

They have 10 dip switches. I pulled up the manual and I've tried the various stand alone configurations but they just don't seem to do anything. Is there any type of reset that I have to do since they were previously on a controller?

Update: I flipped the power back on after putting both of them on Stand-Alone Narrow Auto-trig and one of them is now doing its thing but the other one is just sitting there.

Sigh...!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi it is bad connection inside the dip switch spray switch cleaner into the dip swiches ,and really work the switches it may take a few applications after long periods the tiny connections either weld up due to grease n dirt or will not make new contact . I have some spareparts for 812 . Roy

Archived