Floor stand for laser

SmokeAndMirrors

OK so I want to put my lovely new 600mW RGB laser on a stand. I want it to be close to the floor, but pointing up a bit to get it over the audience's heads. I'd like to be able to adjust the tilt angle. The usual T-stands are too high and don't allow me to place the laser where I need so I'd like something like a small low table with adjustable rake for the tilt and maybe height. Can't find anything on the usual lighting supply sites. Got any suggestions?

Castors come off easily - or rather, since it comes flat-packed, just don't put them on! I put a strap round ours - we use it as a data projector stand - for extra safety. Cheap enough to buy one as an experiment - they also make great laptop stands.

Just a few safety points - the minimum recommended height is for the laser aperture to be at least 10 feet above ground level - if it is lower than that, you must make sure nobody can walk in front of it while it is operating, and the beam is never less than 10 feet above ground level in the audience area - unless you're planning on doing some audience scanning, in which case the usual rules about MPE (exposure) calculations apply.

Just a few safety points - the minimum recommended height is for the laser aperture to be at least 10 feet above ground level - if it is lower than that, you must make sure nobody can walk in front of it while it is operating, and the beam is never less than 10 feet above ground level in the audience area - unless you're planning on doing some audience scanning, in which case the usual rules about MPE (exposure) calculations apply.

OK... here's a pic from the Oz Pink Floyd show last year.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3112/dsc00012ysc.jpg http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/dsc00012ysc.jpg/1/w640.png

Lasers pretty low down (not 10ft), no scanning (they're rather more than 600mW though). That's the sort of thing I'm after. Of course I can stick the laser on a crate, but that doesn't give me the tilt.

we have used a 30 cm bit of truss in the past just sat on the floor

You mean just prop the front of the laser up? (soz if I'm being stoopid!)

no hook clamp it to the top of the truss then u can change ypuur angle by the angle you clamp it on to

we have used a 30 cm bit of truss in the past just sat on the floor

You mean just prop the front of the laser up? (soz if I'm being stoopid!)

no hook clamp it to the top of the truss then u can change ypuur angle by the angle you clamp it on to

What a splendid idea :-) Thanks!

Archived