Strand analogue protocol help required

Mispet

Hi everone, I have a Strand Act 6 dimmer pack with a +10v/-10v 8 pin dim conetion. I have a Pulsar 2 way/12 chanel lighting board. the dimmers pack is ment to be auto between plus and minus. At the moment the Pulsar is not talking to the dimmer pack. can anyone advise me on what I need to have thys two system working together

yours

Hi everone, I have a Strand Act 6 dimmer pack with a +10v/-10v 8 pin dim conetion. I have a Pulsar 2 way/12 chanel lighting board. the dimmers pack is ment to be auto between plus and minus. At the moment the Pulsar is not talking to the dimmer pack. can anyone advise me on what I need to have thys two system working together

yours

Pulsar and Strand use different connector pinouts for theyre analogue systems, so I susspect thats where your problem lies.. What you need to make or get is some 8pin din cables that swap pins accordinly. Both connector pinouts are availiable on the net so this's probably something you can sort out yourself pretty quickly.

Hth, T

*ah, beaten to it by simschr!*

yours

Pulsar and Strand use different connector pinouts for theyre analogue systems, so I susspect thats where your problem lies.. What you need to make or get is some 8pin din cables that swap pins accordinly. Both connector pinouts are availiable on the net so this's probably something you can sort out yourself pretty quickly.

Hth, T

*ah, beaten to it by simschr!*

Thank for the help, will let you kw if it works

yours

Ok still having a problem, I have rewire the 8 pin dim contion cable and still am getting nothing but 2 lights on that I can't control from the board, so is the lighting board at fualt or the act 6 power pack. If I put the old Act 6 lighting board on the pack it is still working. any ideas would be a help

Stuart

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

What's the situation with desk power? I expect the Pulsar desk will be expecting a supply voltage from the pack, but will this be available from the Strand?

there is deffently power from the power pack

Have you checked the polarity of the voltage supplied by the ACT6? Although the dimmer pack will accept +10 or -10V control signals, I think you will find that its power supply output is -20V which is no use for the Pulsar desk. The latter will require +20V and, before you ask, no you can't simply swap the wires over. If that is the case, you will have to disconnect the wire supplying power from the dimmer pack to the desk and use an external +20V supply. If you can't get +20V, then +15V will probably be sufficient.

Archived