Spare Parts

the kid

As its summer im doing the usual making things work job, and our LX7 is missing some pots and a fader cap (who knows why). Soundcraft are charging me £30+ for 12 bits inc postage. Does anyone know a good place to get spares that are going to fit. I would consider CPC or maplins but I don't want several hundred pots that all face the wrong way.

Ta

£30.00 for parts, so £4 is vat, say £4 for a jiffy bag and postage. cost of warhousing these parts, cost of storeman to document and control these parts, cost of manpower to bag it all up, cost of accounts to raise the paperwork, let alone the cost of the parts and thier time taken to source and import these parts. I say that you have a bargain.

7 pots

How much did you expect to pay for a pot?

The cheapest ones normally start at a pound or so, maybe £1.75ea for the Alps that the soundcraft will probably use!

Its an expensive mixer...go on, open your wallet and mind the moths.

I have to say, as a boss who is more than a little tight at times (:)), I am forever perplexed by our technicians telling me they have lost/broken x, y, or z. Sheer carelessness if you ask me (and I know you didn't) :(

Archived