The Public Address Handbook

Paul TC

I'm old enough to remember the two separate cored twisted feeder and you could tap in by soldering a couple of safety pins to each column or horn tail, and then pinning through the insulation a couple of inches apart.

You have the other copy of Mr Capel's book.

Ok - all people with the book, hands up!

However, some of his ideas I tried failed miserably - like the croc clips attached to a board to make quick connections.

If any more people comment on this - I'll split out the posts to a separate topic.

Yes, I read it too - it even got as far as Scarborough...........and for anyone who hasn't heard of it I was going to suggest there are three copies here . I see however that these are the 1995 edition - the book I had was available at least 20 years before that!

This thread is in danger of turning into a nostalgia-fest - someone will mention the Mullard book of audio amplifier designs next!

Hilary

I think it was one of the earlier editions of this book that had a circuit diagram of an amplified extension speaker where the audio input was taken from the mains plug. The idea being was that audio was superimposed on the buildings mains wiring from another room, probably the same point as where the mixer plugs in. I can remember that the isolation between the mains and the audio was through transformers.

The idea of this system was so that audio could be sent to other rooms within the same building without running cables through doors etc.

David

Archived