Touring PA and Wedding Band PA?

bmcd43

Hey everyone.

Im brand new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help.

I am currently in a duo who perform in theatres around Scotland ranging from 250 - 500 seater venues. At the moment we dont currently own our PA system however after 3 tours of theatres I wish we had invested in a system.

We also do various weddings and corporate events so am looking for a system which is portable and could be used in both environments. Hopefully you could come up with a few suggestions? (Currently researching Martin Audio grear)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are a few systems that we have used in the past.

Logic System XP (x2 XP15 x2 XP180

Logic System Ethos CA (x6 CA10/20 x4 Nd218)

I also own x2 Mackie SR1530 3-Way Active speakers 500W. Are these actually any good from an experts point of few. I have always found they sounded great.

Cheers

bmcd43

hi there - welcome to the forum.

Could you give us a bit more information - you mention you are a duo, but don't specify what kind of thing you do? Is your PA requirement just for vocals, or do you have instruments & backing tracks as well?

What do you define as portable - something that will fit in a reasonable size car, or would a van be acceptable?

How many people/what size of venue are you looking to be able to cover? You mention you've done venues 250-500 people, is that the size you're aiming at or do you want to be able to bigger?

If you can give us some more info I am sure there will be plenty of suggestions....

With regards the Mackie gear, generally it sounds OK for it's price, but it won't really stack up against the true professional brands...

Best Regards,

Mike

Hey Mike cheers for the reply.

Here is some more info.......

Type Of Act

We are mainly a pop duo. We also perform traditional celtic music. The lineup is basically 2 live vocals, live guitar and backing tracks.

Also would be putting piano, accordion and fiddle through the PA. Could be using live kit this year!

Portable

By portable I mean size isnt exactly an issue as we own a van etc however im looking for a system that can be used for theatres etc but also wouldnt frighten people when taking the system to a wedding function.

Size/Capacity

This year we will be doing venues smallest 250 largest 550. Most are around the 300-400 capacity seating. If I could find a system that could purchase with the option of hiring extra boxes for larger venues.

I currently own sennheiser radio mics, allen and heath mixer desk etc so looking for a quality PA system.

As I mentioned in my first post I have used Logic System equipment before which I found to sound great.

What sort of capacity would the XP system be suited for. It rates 3200W RMS.

Thanks again.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

This maybe of some interest to you.

Due to my band splitting up I currently have for sale our complete Logic PA System.

The rig has:

1 x Pair of Logic X15 Speakers rated at 600w per cab with protective Covers

1 x Pair of Logic X150 Bass bins rated at 600w per cab with protective Covers

1 x Chevin 3000 power Amplifier

1 x Logic XB6 Crossover/ Controller Unit

1 x Logic 4U Flight Case which houses the power amp and controller

I also have a pair of speaker poles and heavy duty speaker cables and connection leads.

This rig basically is ready just to plug in and go.

All the equipment has been cased or covered from new so is in excellent condition only a few minor gig scratches.

As you will know from using logic equipment in the past the sound quality is just superb.

I will be sad to see it go but we need to sell the equipment and split the money.

We are looking for £2,350 for the complete rig.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more details

Regards

Paul ( 07909 927661)

Go for the Powered Fohhn system--unbelievable rig!!

Rusty

Hi Brian,

This maybe of some interest to you.

Due to my band splitting up I currently have for sale our complete Logic PA System.

The rig has:

1 x Pair of Logic X15 Speakers rated at 600w per cab with protective Covers

1 x Pair of Logic X150 Bass bins rated at 600w per cab with protective Covers

1 x Chevin 3000 power Amplifier

1 x Logic XB6 Crossover/ Controller Unit

1 x Logic 4U Flight Case which houses the power amp and controller

I also have a pair of speaker poles and heavy duty speaker cables and connection leads.

This rig basically is ready just to plug in and go.

All the equipment has been cased or covered from new so is in excellent condition only a few minor gig scratches.

As you will know from using logic equipment in the past the sound quality is just superb.

I will be sad to see it go but we need to sell the equipment and split the money.

We are looking for £2,350 for the complete rig.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more details

Regards

Paul ( 07909 927661)

Hi

Why not check out the RCF products they do everything from a small budget PA right through the ranks to a large touring stadium system, and quality is very good across the whole range, we use it all the time and proves very reliable.

Simon

Archived