ETC Ion/Eos Offline Editor - Patching

charl.ie

Hello all,

I've downloaded the Ion/Eos offline editor, after a demo today, and I am trying to work out how to get to the patch screen. Although this is easy on the desk ([PATCH] [PATCH]), it is incredibly difficult on the offline editor. I'm running the version for Mac, which I think makes a difference (certainly with the different keyboard layout).

Any help much appreciated.

Open the control panel at the bottom of the screen, click Displays on the browser and select Patch, assuming the MAC version is the same as the PC one.

Once you've used the patch, or any screen, it'll leave a numbered tab in the middle of the layout so you can use it again.

• 3 years later...

Hi,Lampies.

I'm having problems making a show file on the Ion/Eos Off Line editor. My

starting problem is, I want to patch GLP 120Rz ( 15 chans ) its not in the GLP Library..?

Ithink I'm down loading the latest version Off Line editor from Etcconnect, but the[about] key shows me I have version 1.9.1.9.0.30

Ihave a library update ona USB - Version 1.9.12.9.0.5 And have run it many times but itdoes not seem to update..the Off line Library.

AlsoI am unable to delete the program and install from scratch..

Start>Settings>Controlpanel>Programs & features (I have Vista)

Soi am left scratching my head, as the hours go by...

Anythoughts, I am basically a num nuts, so please keep your replies clear and lowtech.

Cheers

Moz

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a little late (have been on hols for a week!) but on my OLE there certainly is a selectionof GLP 120 profiles...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/Ynot_01/ETCPatchcapture.jpg

The top right here is the only one I see with 15 channels of attribute, so try that one.

I believe I'm running the latest version, 1.9.9.9.1.40, and you should, I believe, be able to install a new copy over the top of any previous.

Hi, Lampies, My computer tech friend found a solution to the problem, it maynot be the best one or the only one, but it worked..

Wish I had thought of it..

To recap: Could not patch GLP 120RZ, it was not in my library..I could not update to latest version ETC Offline Editor, & could

not uninstall old version..

Solution:

1. Did system restore in safe mode F8 – To a point in time before I tried todown load the 1.9.12.9.0.5 update.

2. Down loaded a program called Revo Uninstaller Freeware. Used this Softwareto remove EOS Family & EOS Family Fixture Library. Successfully..

3. Down loaded v 1.9.12.9.0.5 from ETC Connect site and it worked.. Yahooo !

Thanks to those who replied both on and off line..

Cheers

Moz

{me quote is }

If at first you don't succeed, drive everyone nuts till you do.

Hi, Lampies, My computer tech friend found a solution to the problem, it maynot be the best one or the only one, but it worked..

Wish I had thought of it..

To recap: Could not patch GLP 120RZ, it was not in my library..I could not update to latest version ETC Offline Editor, & could

not uninstall old version..

Are you running Windows Vista on a PC, by any chance? I find the editor won't install unless running as an Administrator. Using a user-level account the installer always falls over but at admin-level it always works.

Hi

You can also type patch into the command line I think to get the the patch screen.

Aiden

edit: Just tested it on my PC and it works.

Hi - Do you mean you can use the 'Patch' key or do you mean you can actually type Patch in to the command line? If so, how do you do this?

Cheers

Andrew

Archived