SGM Studio 12 Scan control user

Davyx

Hi,

I just got a Studio 12 Scan control table and I don't succeed to record chases in the registers. The manual doesn't explain how it has to be done.

I can select and run a chase in Direct but how to record it in a register? And can it be possible to record more than 1 chase in 1 register?

Hi,

I had the 24 ScanControl untill about two years ago so this explanation may not be 100% acurate...

First, a register can store one scene, one chase and one MH program (all three, but only one of each).

Once you create the scene and store it you can assign it to a register.

Select the desired register by holding down the "reg" button (in the chase section) and clicking the desired reg button.

Release the "reg" button (notice its Led will stay lit, indicating you are in Register mode)

Now select the desired chase to be assinged to the register by holding down the "chase" button

and clicking the Manual Preset button that correspond to the chase number.

Thats it. The chase is stored in the register. Now you only need to select the Steps (like you did when creating the chase)

and adjust the timing parameters, as these settings are seperate from those in Manual Chase mode.

Hope I was clear (and correct...)

:)

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

I now can store a chase into a register but I didn't understand the part how to change the timing once it's I the register.

How it is possible to remove only a chase or a MH program from a register without removing the other memory from the selected register? And is there a way to clean one or all registers?

The timing (rate and slope) of the chase stored in a register are adjusted by:

Activating the register (so you can see what you are doing)

and selecting the (same) register to be edited by holding the "reg" button and clicking the register button.

This puts you into edit mode of the chase stored in this register.

Every stored program in a register (scene, chase and MH) is independent of the others

and needs to be removed separately just like adding it to the register.

Removing a scene from a register is done by overwriting it with another one.

This is done simply by storing a "blank" or empty scene ("grab" + register button while all presets are at zero).

To remove a chase from a register, choose that register ("reg" + register button) then press the "chase" button.

You will see one of the preset buttons LEDs showing which chase is assigned to that register.

Click on that button to cancel this assignment and the chase will be removed from the register.

The same process applies to assigning (and removing) MH programs from registers.

Not sure about cleaning all the registers at once.

Cleaning them from scenes is easy by pressing the "grab" (while all presets are at zero)

and sliding your finger across all the register buttons (for each page...)

As to global cleaning of chase and MH programs from registers,

I don't think there is a short way other then removing from each register separately.

:)

Archived