stolen lab gruppen 4000c

haymere

It's the way things seem to work sadly.

I've had countless things walk over the years, some cheap things, like a pair of 6 way stage boxes that were faulty, put them down behind the van outside my house moved the van 10 yards and they'd gone. To 8 LE400's.

All annoying.

Years ago, yes.

Lot's of bits over the years.

and a playback rack with 2 MD 2 CD and a multichannel DI with Ipod and other connectors.

An OM7, 2 BSS 133 DI's . Rickenbacker 325. Alsorts.

Sometimes you just have to put it down to the industry we work in and the world we live in and just get on with things.

Yea, I've had a desk "easy tilt" stolen outside a venue whilst loading before. Christ, most people wouldn't even know what is was, let alone do something with it!

Grrr..

Dan

Yeah it was at parr st studios in Liverpool but wasnt security marked. Its not mine but I am posting this for a mate.

• 1 month later...

The same seller has a Stagg rack bag for sale.

Could be a coincidence, I suppose. Or it could have been bought in good faith from the thief.

Is there any way at all of identifying the stolen amp? A note of the serial number? Even if the owner doesn't have a note of it, records are sometimes kept by retailers.

Moderation: Thanks. We've temporarily hidden this for the moment, until we hear the outcome from the original poster. Don't want to tip off the Bad Guys...

Hmmmmm.... Tm....

It's a funny one that isn't it. Let's look at it closely. It's got a photo in a rack bag, the rack bag is for sale, it appears like it might be the same rack bag, and the same amp. Coincidence?

So, let's look at the first picture. It's in a rack with 2 QSC's, the guy wants another QSC. It's in a rack above a 3u amp, but there is then a 1u gap between that and the top amp. Odd?

It's not fastened into the amp rack. Odd?

There are cage nuts in a place that would tally up with a 3u amp like the bottom one, but this amp isn't there. Odd?

All the other amps (see other items and the photo of the rack) are QSC.

Mark. Please reply to this thread as soon as you've seen it.

Moderation: Thanks. We've temporarily hidden this for the moment, until we hear the outcome from the original poster. Don't want to tip off the Bad Guys...

Yes, I thought that, however it's easy to think that when you are suspicious of something. We can't jump to conclusions. It may even be a member on here and a complete coincidence but you have to wonder don't you. This person of course could be a victim aswell as already said. They could have been sold this for a fair price by the thief but realised that it doesn't fit in with their pile of QSC's. Perhaps the price was too good to be true, who knows. I've left Mark a message on his answer machine so hopefully he'll get that and have a look himself or get his friend (the owner of the amp) to look. Detailed pictures of that case are useful aswell, that tear on the front, whilst fairly common, could be a clue.

The same seller has a Stagg rack bag for sale.

Could be a coincidence, I suppose. Or it could have been bought in good faith from the thief.

Is there any way at all of identifying the stolen amp? A note of the serial number? Even if the owner doesn't have a note of it, records are sometimes kept by retailers.

thanks guys I have passed this on to its owner

Great to have such a community

Mark

Archived