Vocal mic for Drummer

ian hatch

+1 on the OM7. It's the mic I bring out of my kit most often for drummers (or, indeed, for any vocalist in a position with high ambient noise).

Obviously, to be an improvement in the "appearance" stakes, it would have to be coupled a right-angle XLR but, if you used on of those, I think the profile would be okay. (Just looked to see if I could take a pic for you but the only right angle XLRs I have around right now are male so not much use for this!)

Bobbsy

Headsets - too much drummers breath - use to drive me crazy with one superstar drummer who was the MD who only had a headset mic for talk back to me / band members and did'nt switch the thing off, even though he had a foot switch, how many times did I have to wade over to the super ego riser and turn the thing off - too many!!

The most compact solution is as others have said a B56, use it with a gooseneck adapter and your be fine.

Archived