Hi Gloss White Dance Floor

Tom

I'm trying to source some glossy white dance floor - to cover an area approx 9m x 5m (tbc).

It's for a touring show and before anybody suggests a borrow (or offers to lend) we're going to have to cut holes in it. However, second hand in good condition would be considered.

Harlequin (Hi-Shine) are out of stock and awaiting supplies from the states (expected late August) and Rosco don't stock a gloss white in the UK.

Can anybody suggest another manufacturer or are any dealers by any chance holding any stock.

Thanks

Thanks James (and Brian and Takman , aka LeMark) who have all pointed me at Broadway Hi-Gloss. I've seen a sample of that and it's not as hi-gloss as I need.

Any more for any more?

LeMark do Studiofloor, which is thin sticky-backed vinyl for use in TV studios. It's not that expensive, and fairly easy to lay. Not that durable though. You could stick some of that to existing dance floor.

I've recently toured a black glossy floor that was created by varnishing with a clear PVC varnish. If the floor is very clean before you varnish it, this bonds well and lasted through a four-week tour of daily laying. Gaffer tape did tend to pull the varnish off, but otherwise it was pretty good. You could try something like this on your white floor.

Gaffer tape did tend to pull the varnish off, but otherwise it was pretty good. You could try something like this on your white floor.

you could try "undertaping" - i.e. put your gaffer non-sticky side down on the stage, and butt up your two pieces of dance floor on to it. makes a much more invisible join than so-called "clear" dancefloor tape, which only seems clear to me on grey floors. This would avoid the danger of paint or varnish being pulled off by the gaffer gunge. Make sure you remove all old gaffer before trying to re-lay the flor, otherwise you eventually get very lumpy joins....

you could try "undertaping" - i.e. put your gaffer non-sticky side down on the stage, and butt up your two pieces of dance floor on to it. makes a much more invisible join than so-called "clear" dancefloor tape, which only seems clear to me on grey floors. 

That's what we did, although used clear dance floor tape for the job, only because I had some left over from a previous tour and it had gone off.....yes, the shelf life of clear dance floor tape is not brilliant! It went very grey and inflexible.

But there are still the ends of the floor to tape down, and the bits where you have to fold it back to fit round the proscenium etc.

And Dave, I probably do mean polyurethane, but I wasn't the designer who picked it or painted it so I'm not sure. I just do the lights, guv..... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived