Fire alarm amp muting

c.cam108

Ok can I bring this down a bit to this scenario. In a school/hall/club/etc. The PA will be there for a night probably on a basic wet hire for a band night etc. Any integration with the existing fire alarm system will most likely be out of the question due to cost/hassle. What would you suggest? How about the operator just pulls down the master faders? Actually now I think about it, that seems the most sensible solution.

This ain't Hampden Park we're talking about, it's about a hundred folk coming to see a band at their local. Are the regulations so tight that even then I would have to bring in a fire engineer to hook me up and thoroughly test and risk assess the whole system?

Colin C

Any kind of linked solution is not feasible for this kind of scenario. A risk assessment approach must be taken. I would suggest that the equivalent of a FOH manager would step out on stage, the band would obviously stop and an announcement would be made to evacuate.

Archived