mx-4 problems

pluggeduk

hey guys I have a few problem with a few mx-4s on my rig wondering if anyone thats used these units before can give me some advise..

Unit1 )

Lamps off and on every hour or so... my first thought was it was over heating, however all fans have been cleaned out and seem to be in full working order..

Unit 2 )

When I took over some 12 of the 24 mx-4s I have on this rig were out the majority were down to the secondary fuse blowing, is there a common fault with these units that cases this to happen ... just so I can look out for it.. anyway unit 2 has a secondry fuse out and burns thru each and every new one as soon as I power up the unit... hmmmmm

Unit 3 )

is completely dead however primary and secondary fuses are fine.. and yes the IEC has current ... Id hate to think it was shagged :** laughs out loud **:

thanks in advance

Hey,

I have two of these units...with regards to the fuses I don't know...

However with the lamps going on and off I seem to think this is normal, as ours do it to especially if you use the strobe function a lot for some reason, but its usually if they have been on for a while. So its just to them getting a little hot, which can still happen even if the fans and fan vents are clean. Leave them for a bit to cool and then just re - strike the lamp.

hey guys I have a few problem with a few mx-4s on my rig wondering if anyone thats used these units before can give me some advise..

Unit1 )

Lamps off and on every hour or so... my first thought was it was over heating, however all fans have been cleaned out and seem to be in full working order..

Unit 2 )

When I took over some 12 of the 24 mx-4s I have on this rig were out the majority were down to the secondary fuse blowing, is there a common fault with these units that cases this to happen ... just so I can look out for it.. anyway unit 2 has a secondry fuse out and burns thru each and every new one as soon as I power up the unit... hmmmmm

Unit 3 )

is completely dead however primary and secondary fuses are fine.. and yes the IEC has current ... Id hate to think it was shagged :** laughs out loud **:

thanks in advance

Hi,

Where abouts are you based?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Are these the ELC lamp version, if so ;-

On the unit that keeps turning on and off , I have had this problem with abstract lights. Check the thermal sensor inside the lamp housing, it should probably be 110 degrees, I know on earlier units a 95 degree unit was fitted, this may be the cause of the problem.

The secondary fuse blowing, I would check the 2200 uf capacitor, check to see if the top is swollen if so you will need to change these. secondly check the bridge rectifier for short circuit between any two legs.

Third unit sounds as if the transformer is broken. Check with a multimeter the two brown wires going into spade connectors on the circuit board, should read 24 volts.

good luck. Richard

Archived