Avo Pear patch question

AndrewGrant

Hello,

I'm using a Pearl Expert in classic mode on a tour at the moment. I use the venues colour washes & FOH on a separate universe and run a second universe for my stuff which is on stage.

Could someone advise me on how to clear the patch on my Universe C (venue lighting) and start again. At the moment I'm having to patch everything to one handle and then patch in venue lx afterwards. I've tried deleting the dimmers from handles but this then deletes the channel from the cues.

Is there a quicker way of doing this as it is quite boring patching 512 channels to an unused fader. I suppose I could just save a copy of the show with a blank patch on line C and load this in new venues however is there a way of doing this?

Thanks!

Andrew

Unfortunately there are only two ways of preserving cue data when changing dimmer patch that I know of in Classic.

The first is the method you are using, where patching a used address to a different handle parks the original. The second is to patch a new dimmer on top and then delete the original by DMX number. The former is almost certainly the quicker.

So, your idea of saving a version where all channels are parked sounds like the best plan, the downside being if you make any edits to the show after repatch.

Titan permits repatch on both fixtures and dimmers along with option to park. It also allows fixture exchange which is an automatic option if you attempt to patch a different fixture on top of an existing one. However, Titan currently has no good way of handling repatching of multiple dimmers. In this case I think the only way is similar to Classic, where you patch old addresses to a new handle selecting 'park conflicting' upon prompt.

Thanks Nic!

I think patching a new dimmer on top and then deleting the original DMX number is a good way of doing it as I do sometimes have to change

the show.

Is there an easy way of seeing what else is patched to the handle? I don't appear to be able to see this on the patch screen.

Andrew

Archived