FYI Behringer LC2496

aidso

Hi had a problem with the Behringer LC2496 that it was just rebooting and not staying on. Just thought I would post and say its the internal cmos battery a 2032. Replace that and it will work fine again.

Replace that and it will work fine again.

If you're lucky..........very lucky :D

My experience of the LC2412, is throw it in the bin, after hurling a serious amount of harsh language at it, and attacking it for several hours with a sledgehammer at the very least :oops:

Same with me! Our Masterpiece died on us and we ended up borrowing someone's LC2412. I had a super fun time programming a club chase into it for 8 MAC 250's, 4 Scanners, and some PAR cans... In the end I resorted to setting all the MACs to one address. I remember the manual being a great help(!)

8 MAC 250's, 4 Scanners, and some PAR cans... In the end I resorted to setting all the MACs to one address. I remember the manual being a great help(!)

I think with that list of fixtures on a 2412, I'd have just curled up into the foetal position, and sucked my thumb! (that, of course, is after spitting the dummy out).

I own an LC2412 and if you use it for whats it meant for, generics, it works birlliantly. I use it with 8 PAR cans and 4 LED pars. At the very beginning I had a problem which I could see from a forum, was the firmware version. I emailed Behringer and I had a new programmed firmware EPROM arrive 2 days later, I was more than happy. The user guide, as everyone says, is not written brilliantly, but with that as a rough guide and a little time (took about 15-30 mins to get basic functionallity, and I had NEVER used a lighting desk before) it works nicely.

I think considering the price of the desk it is brilliant, I would recommend it to anyone so long as they only want to control generic lights. Please correct me if I am wrong but I could not find many/any other desks with the same number of features for a similar price and I, along with many other people, just could not afford anything more. Its a great budget desk.

Thanks for the information aidso. Its always good to know common problems, and how to fix it quickly :oops:

Edit- To make it relate to the OP

LC2412 should give you battery voltage on LCD as part of boot sequence, if it manages to boot that far...

Agree with Jon, for the money there is no competition and if you dont try and run eurovision from them they`re fine.

(took about 15-30 mins to get basic functionallity, and I had NEVER used a lighting desk before)

That's probably an advantage. I'm use to Strand desks and the one time I had to use the 2412 it drove me mad. I suspect if you have no preconceptions and take the time to work out how it operates that it is a perfectably servicable desk.

They do have some peculiarities but they're worth their weight in gold when it comes to small dry hire systems where people just want a few pre-programmed chases. We keep about 6 set ups on a memory card for dry hire jobs where a bigger desk will just confuse.

They're a bit tricky to program if you're used to more conventional kit (well our firmware version is anyway) and on the rare occasions I have to start from scratch I've always forgotten the little oddities that make it frustrating to use at times.

My manual is currently being used for hamster bedding after visiting Mr Shredder. Worse than useless.

Archived