Piano hire

revbobuk

Folks - involved in planning a concert, and the artists rider requires a Grand Piano. I'll ring round in the morning, but just on the off chance that anyone has some information - how much is this likely to cost? We're talking Steinway, Kawai or Yamaha 7-9 foot grand, delivered and tuned, outside Leicester. Should I be thinking £400? More? Much more? Glad of some help...

Not sure if this of any help ... but I've just paid £260 for a one day upright piano hire in London. This price includes 9am delivery and collection later the same day, tuning and VAT - at a central London venue. (And included getting the piano up to the first floor - albeit with the help of a passenger lift!)

Afraid I can't help with prices in Leicester or fro grands - but that might give you an idea??? Maybe????

Marksons Pianos and Jaques Samuel have both got good reviews on other blue room posts. As for cost it would seem very dependant on location and issues with delivery (stairs etc) - prices up north (Lancashire area) started about £300 per day delivered and tuned (delivered about 10am and collected at the same time the next day) on the one occasion I needed to hire one, though this was about 2 years ago and was a 6ft rather than a 9ft grand (Yamaha C3 if I recall correctly). Would imply that £400 is a reasonable ball park though B-)

edit: Sorry - for some reason had in my head that you were based in London - probably not the best companies to start with!

We hired a piano in Nottingham last year (from Jaques Samuel I believe), and I think it was nearer £700. That was a Yamaha C1, so not quite as big as you want either.

Alternatively, Clement Pianos in Nottingham have told me that they hire some of their pianos, although they don't shout about it. I think they have a Kawai and a Bluthner. Delivery and collection is likely to be much cheaper from them.

Rob - I can do the first, but not the second. The quote was from Jeffrey Pearson - website here but when I'd finished pricing up the artist's rider, we couldn't afford the £3k+ that the event would have cost; our venue only holds 200, and we don't feel we can charge more than a tenner a ticket for a church event. When we got back to the artist, they said 'oh, don't worry too much about the rider. Just give us the best you can manage' - so he gets a Roland digital piano, and a more modest PA setup.

But Jeffrey Pearson was really helpful on the phone, if that helps!

Archived