Microphones stands

Jambo_UK

Hi every1,

I'm on a hunt again for a set of five microphones stands, I would prefer them to have a broom, I yet again have the littlest budget again :< got about £50 to get the stands plus the P+P with them,

Does anyone know where I can find a better 2nd Hand market because Ebay is just not cutting it know, Too many high hopers,

Thanks for the help

from

Jambo

I would prefer them to have a broom

You should be able to get these from your local hardware store. :)

Otherwise have you tried:

Thomann (Quite a cheap one, a cheaper one, and an even cheaper one)

AC Audio Bargins

PS LX

10 out of 10

Moderators: Would some kind of second hand/special offers pinned thread be a good idea, so we would all have somewhere to go to get a list of websites selling reduced price goods?

PN

Moderators: Would some kind of second hand/special offers pinned thread be a good idea, so we would all have somewhere to go to get a list of websites selling reduced price goods?

For non-commercial sales of second-hand goods (that is to say, goods being sold by people or companies for whom the sale of equipment doesn't represent their main means of revenue generation) there's the Classified Ads section of the site, which everyone is welcome to use. Please note that this section is pre-moderated (that is, each and every post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears), so don't be surprised if there's a delay between you submitting your post and it appearing in the forum.

For those selling second-hand equipment on a commercial basis, they'd be welcome to advertise it here in the same way as other commercial adverts and announcements. To do this they'd need to set up an account on behalf of a company rather than an individual (the only circumstance in which such an account can be used), and in return for each and every commercial post placed on the site we insist on a significant donation from the poster to Light Relief, the Blue Room's chosen charity.

I think he meant Gareth can we have a topic pinned to the top of the area saying where the best deals to buy stuff is from the the Blue Rooms Members experiences. Like in the above post Thomann which are the best for some types of equipment. The topic would more likely be used as a refence for new members seeking advice on where to buy equipment from.

I fully agree with you if a company want to advertise on your forum it is your right to ask for a donation and I'm fully behind you on that front as that would be advertising and they should pay for the right.

Anyway I checked out Thomann and they have some super deals and I will be placing an order with them soon once I find a suitable of way of paying for it, seeing I have a debit card not a credit car :<

Anyway thank you everyone for the help so far,

from

Jambo

I think he meant Gareth can we have a topic pinned to the top of the area saying where the best deals to buy stuff is from the the Blue Rooms Members experiences. Like in the above post Thomann which are the best for some types of equipment. The topic would more likely be used as a refence for new members seeking advice on where to buy equipment from.

Ah, I guess I misunderstood what was being suggested. Sorry.

As a general note to all ..... we welcome any and all suggestions of ways to expand and improve the Blue Room, but please make these suggestions via the proper channels - either in the Issues forum, or by PMing one of the moderators or admins. Hijacking threads like this to discuss improvements to the forum isn't really appropriate as it just takes the thread way off-topic, which is something we try to avoid. (Having said that, I guess that replying here to Peter's suggestion makes me guilty of just such a thing! Oops! :) :o )

Peter/Jambo - if you'd like to post something in Issues along the lines of what you're suggesting, please feel free to do so.

Returning you now to your regular topic ... :)

Edit : Oh, yeah, and while we're at it ... Moderation : thread moved to Sound & AV forum.

:o

Well I was going to post this:

Hi,

Yes I did indeed mean a pinned thread, not so much for the best deal to buy stuff, as this may well change, although this would be of some use. I was thinking more in terms of a list of links for the various sites special offer or second hand pages. Then all those of us who have come across those kind of pages can post a link. Then when you want something cheaply/second hand, there is a nice list of all the specials/second hand pages which you can check through.

PN

But then the thread got moved. :) And Gareth added his second reply, so maybe I shouldn't. :)

I will go and post in Issues instead.

</ :off: >

Although while we're on it, and as a feeble excuse for posting this reply, have you tried:

CPC

Maplin - If you get yourself put on the posted offers newsletter thing, then every so often you get vouchers, £2 off when you spend over £5 sometimes!

And of course the websites of some of the Blue Rooms members.

PN

I checked out Thomann and they have some super deals and I will be placing an order with them soon once I find a suitable of way of paying for it, seeing I have a debit card not a credit car :<

depending on if you are in a hurry - thomann will take a UK cheque, but it takes simply ages to clear - bank on at least 2 weeks. you can also pay money direct into their bank account as long as you have a contact. phone them up, they speak good english.

I just noticed they have sennheiser 100 series wireless handhelds at less than 200 quid!

No one noticed my mistake yet,

I have a debit card not a credit car

Anywhere if possible could you post the links for the people who have sites so I can check them out and search for the products.

Thanks again for the help

from

Jambo

No one noticed my mistake yet,

I have a debit card not a credit car

Anywhere if possible could you post the links for the people who have sites so I can check them out and search for the products.

Thanks again for the help

from

Jambo

I am surprised you haven't responded to your broom mistake, or have you still not noticed it.

As much as I would love to help, I really don't have the time to go through the 922 members, just look about, the ones I have found before have been via signatures or the "WWW" links.

Maybe the moderators/administrators have a clever way they can search by whether a user had a web link, which would help you, equally you could start by visiting all the company and company rep's websites.

And why exactly is there a company user called Blue Room. :)

PN

Going back to the original topic of good value mic stands. I have had good luck with the Studiospares boom stands.

Stock Code 448-000

I've had good experience with a number of these stands, they might not be as rugged as K&M in the long run, but then again none of these budget stands are BUT the studiospares ones do have a full set of Spare parts (Legs, feet, screws etc)

They are £9.95 each though so slightly over your budget when you consider VAT and delivery - however I would seriouly consider them just beccause of the availability of spares.

James

I did notice that one as well but I forgot to write about it ** laughs out loud **,

Thnaks again for the links I will will search hrough some of the popular area to get members addresses,

Thanks everyone

from

Jambo

Ok, got the stands at a great price 10 second hand for £25 and I have to collect they just need a new bit of paint could they look good from the photo, Will let you know how it goes.

BTW

For the same concert I need the stands for I will need to hook up some cables whats does everyone recommend do I use a stage box and by a snake eventhrough techicial is hidden by to one side of the stage or do I just buy huge extenstion leads for the mics and DMX cabling? Mics are XLR and Jack.

Thansk again everyone from

Jambo

For the same concert I need the stands for I will need to hook up some cables whats does everyone recommend do I use a stage box and by a snake

Yes.

So much easier getting a snake and doing it properly.

Archived