My Dream Event

Jerome

Seems to me that we in the next generation and even the older generation have some wild ambitions in life. My question is whats your dream event? Maybe its one of the following:

1) something that will happen

2) something you want to make happen

3) something that consists of a) one type of technology or b) a new type of technology

4) something that maybe won't happen even in our lifetimes

5) something so far from planet earth that it won't ever happen.

Let us all know, we have to have some form of ambition in which to try and let our creativity run riot, after all we are supposed to be the future of this industry. Might be cool to hear from some of the older end too.

Jerome

My ultimate dream would be to either be the lighting or sound designer or operator for a massive touring theatre production or for a singer or band tour. Using some fancy equipment....I don't know what sort of equipment but just being behind the wheel of something massive would be good.

Right now, looks like I'll be sticking with amateur productions though!

My dream event at the moment will be when the theatre company I've just formed gets the money it needs so that we can actually produce our first ever show.

It seems a long way off at the moment. This recession malarky is really playing havok.

Touring video for U2 or The Prodigy.

It would be their new tour, and would have been through a lengthy design process, where we'd have created some bespoke effects and pushed the boundaries creatively. We'd also be adding a Full HD studio camera system to our stock, along with a slew of LED products that we'd then be able to use on other work. I'd also be out on the tour, and have the privilege of working with recognised high flyers in their fields, as well as the crew on the job.

I can dream- but it could become reality if we keep doing what we're doing.

I think mine would definately have to be 'star wars live' there's too many things that you could do with it. I would also like to have been old enough/ alive to have worked on 'time' the musical.

Something that will happen? I'm going to a few festivals :P What would be even better is me working in the production side at one of them :o

I want to get work experience with a sound hire company this summer :blink: Would be nice if there was some touring in that mix too :D

I think number three would have to be me having enough money to buy some nice equipment, a new type of technology? Is there much more to invent?

Something that won't happen in our lifetime - DJs using decent speakers at a safe volume....

Maybe not strictly what your looking for but here goes,

My dream event would be for me to be doing the lighting on Blood Brothers. I think it's a realy good peice. It's my favorite musical and play, I've seen it about 5 times and the play itself and the tech stuff never fails to impress me. So I'd realy like to have a go at it myself...

As a member of the older generation :P

Touring video for U2 or The Prodigy.

I can dream- but it could become reality if we keep doing what we're doing.

I could simply that further......doing live sound for any band where I actually like over 30% of their set.

I think, for me, my dream job would probably be some technical involvment with the current War Of The Worlds tour.

On a technical note, as a hire company, a more realistic dream :blink: would be to have a zillion pounds worth of kit making me squillions of pounds worth of money! :o

I saw the War Of The Worlds live show a few years back, absolutely amazing! I wouldn't have minded working on that either!!

I'm still quite young and I'm not entirely sure what direction my 'career' is going to take

In the next few years I'm hoping to do some work on the cruise ships, do a bit of travelling (I realise that shore days are probably few and far between). We shall see what happens after then!

Back in my years doing news, my idea of a dream event was any one where they weren't actively shooting at you--and that didn't involve a 3rd world airline to get to and from work.

Nowadays it would be doing the sound design for the West End opening of a musical called "Red Stars" by a particular writer/composer I happen to know. It was the best show I ever worked on when it was done out in the sticks...and I'd love to do it again with a bigger budget and more resources. Failing that, I love doing the sound design for any new show...much more rewarding that re-doing any of the old standards.

Bob

Working on an event where all the movers hits their excact mark every time - and / or the actors / clients doing the same!!!

Having tea / coffee stations replenished every hour

Having all P.D's handed out at the beginning of the day - and not having to spend ages finding a cafe / bar etc to use them

Having the hotel based withing 10 min walk of the venue - or better still, to be staying at the venue.

Krispy kreme doughnuts to be supplied for all breaks!!

Only having to work 8 hour days as a maximum . . .

With my limited experience:

Tea and Coffee available on tap, with decent sized (real, not plastic) cups,

A functioning fridge to keep cold things cold,

Some help to do the hang/focus and strike,

A secure room to store things that might get lifted (from experience working in a school...)

Apart from that, give me a show that excites me, and keeps my interest and I'll be a happy bunny.

Archived