Strand 520i/530 needed!

nick_brown

Hi

Was wondering if anyone had a strand 520i or a 530 for sale at a cheap price or even for hire...again, at a cheap price?

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, they are exptremely hard to come by, except on usedlighting :angry: but a little expensie atm.

Suggestions would be amazingly great! :rolleyes:

Nick

Could you give us an idea of your location and also what you are roughly looking to pay for a week hire?

Tom

EDIT: Viking have a 520i at £250 a week.

Location is in beckenham. And was hoping to get it for cheaper than that. Preferably purchasing to be honest.

Thanks, Nick

OK.

Questions.

Does it HAVE to be a 500 series?

Why?

What do you intend to control with the desk?

This is for your school, yes?

Are there no other desks that might suit the job?

What exactly is your budget for both hire and purchase?

Location is in beckenham. And was hoping to get it for cheaper than that. Preferably purchasing to be honest.

Thanks, Nick

Your delirious if you think your going to be able to hire a 520i for less than £250.. let alone be able to buy one for that price!

Unless your on very good terms with someone who's got one, you've got no chance. Tell whoever needs it that if they want one, they'll have to stretch to £250 + Vat + Carriage. Simple.

T

Edit/P.s. - I see you work for ENO, who'd you know there? I'm sure they've got a spare 520i, so depending on how good terms you are with the Chief, maybe you could arrange to borrow one off them?

OK.

Questions.

Does it HAVE to be a 500 series?

Why?

What do you intend to control with the desk?

This is for your school, yes?

Are there no other desks that might suit the job?

What exactly is your budget for both hire and purchase?

Controlling: 6 mac 250s and a whole bunch of generics (between 50 & 75). Need a show playback, attricutes...the whole milarky. Asking for a stand 500 series as ive used them a lot in the past. .

No its not for school.

I am well aware the buying one for £250 is impossible, however hiring is not. And somehow I dont think ENO has one "lying around" and as I hav never worked with the lx dept there, im not first in line.

If you do go down the hire route many hire companies offer discounts for long term hires, so I assume if you are considering buying one you'd want it for a reasonable amount of time? Check with your local hire company say you want the console for x amount of weeks and see what price they come back to you with.

Chris

If Paul is too far south for you (we're in Mold, near Chester), and you don't find one to buy and still need to hire, drop me a line. Our spare 520i is out on one of our tours at the moment, but it'll be back in a month or so, depending on your dates we might be able to help.

Archived