Macrotech Fault - anyone good with repairs?

Rob_Beech

I'm after someone to give advice and/or repair a MA3600.

The 6 pin "opto-isolator" which is U101 on the board fell out of its socket on channel 1. It's been put back into place (the right way around) but the channel remains in protect mode. It's a H11C2 chip but nobody appears to make them anymore. Does anyone know if this is likely to need a replacement, or is there anyone with knowledge of the Macrotech range that could give advice or have a look.

I would like advice other than contacting the Crown if possible. The question wouldn't be here if that was the advice I wanted.

Cheers

Rob

I'm after someone to give advice and/or repair a MA3600.

The 6 pin "opto-isolator" which is U101 on the board fell out of its socket on channel 1. It's been put back into place (the right way around) but the channel remains in protect mode. It's a H11C2 chip but nobody appears to make them anymore. Does anyone know if this is likely to need a replacement, or is there anyone with knowledge of the Macrotech range that could give advice or have a look.

I would like advice other than contacting the Crown if possible. The question wouldn't be here if that was the advice I wanted.

Cheers

Rob

Try my mate John Adeleke, very experienced amp repairer:

Ampman Audio Services

Unit 17 C/O Amber Sound Ltd

The Enterprise Centre

Cranborne Road

Potters Bar

Hertfordshire

EN6 3DQ

Telephone:- +44 (0) 1707 246546

Fax :- +44 (0) 1707 246551

Email Enquiries :- info at Ampman.co.uk

On my MA5000VZ diagram it shows the H11C2 (photothyristor) but when I've taken a peek at one here, its actually got the MOC3021 fitted which are opto triac drivers. You really need to speak to Crown. Not Harman UK, but Crown in the US. Ask for Dave Glass, he will know but you'll need your serial number handy. Crown in the US are in my experience the opposite of Harman UK, ie they appear happy to help.

Ask for Dave Glass, he will know but you'll need your serial number handy.

First off HArman Uk don't exist any more, distributor is Sound Technolgy. Second Dave Glass is a really lvoely, helpful bloke. Thirdly John Adeleke is also a top guy and should be able to sort you out.

Archived