Wanted Old Lamps for a School - any suggestions?

Ztompsett

Hello. I am an ex stage manager and am looking to help out my local school. Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of any old lamps for a school in Lewes. They are basically using 3 Patt 123's and 3 223's at the moment - slightly limiting. They are looking into getting an extra lighting bar and quite frankly any lamps would be so gratefully used.

We have as always, some limited budget from PTA funding. They only need a few extra par cans or something.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

Thank you Zoe Tompsett

They only need a few extra par cans or something.

Thank you Zoe Tompsett

You'll usually find a number of PAR cans on eBay (I've just done a search and found some which haven't reached a very high price). Especially good value if you can pick them up and avoid carriage costs. Plenty of lumens from your watt from PAR cans, but not much subtlety. It might be better to keep an eye out for 500W Fresnels, although Patt123s seem to keep their value well - they tend to go for about £40 each.

I would recommend usedlighting.co.uk, but Fresnels start at £55.

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...
It'd be worth your time to look up touring groups that may have older fixtures, whether it is a concert supplier, or a group like a circus that would sell off old gear. It never hurts to call a touring group or an amusement park or even an auctioneer. I found some autopoles in closed store in a shopping mall, and found out that an auctioneer had 15-20 for dirt cheap, because they weren't planning on getting real value out of them. Oh, and call up a lighting distributor, and see if they will work out a deal to sell you their old demo gear - sometimes as much as half off.

Don't suppose you (or anyone else for that matter :blink: ) wants about 5 or 6 T84's in various condition?

Seems a shame to have to chuck working T84's, but then I'm not sure T84's ever really did 'work' as such :blink: :blink:

Don't suppose you (or anyone else for that matter :) ) wants about 5 or 6 T84's in various condition?

As I don't know what a T84 is I just Ask-ed T84s:

The T84 is a Ukrainian main battle tank, a development of the Soviet T80 main battle tank.

erm... how would you fix them to a lighting bar?

Archived