M-Audio Transit external sound card

johndenim

I have recently bought an M-Audio Transit, below.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d174/977stinkytinky/transit.jpg

After installing the 32bit beta vista driver (the only driver they have for vista) from the m audio website, (onto my wifes laptop) I then plugged in the card, the blue warning screen appeared.

This happened everytime, even though I tried every port. (as suggested by M-Audio)

The only way to stop the blue screen appearing is to uninstall the driver negating the point altogether!

Any suggestions as to why the computer does not accept the driver?

I am emailing the m audio tech team as well but getting nowhere.

There is nothing conflicting as far as I can see.

Cheers,

John Denim.

I did a quick Google on "Transit" and "Vista" and driver issues seem to be all over the web like a rash. M-Audio are promising a new driver sometime soon but say it's delayed due to "issues".

It doesn't seem there's an easy or quick solution other that to join the chorus on the M-Audio forum demanding some action. However, my usual "all purpose" suggestion for driver issues is that you download "ASIO4ALL" and give that a try. That would be in the "can't hurt, sometimes helps" category.

Bob

Archived