LEDJ Starcloth

Me! I supplied one to the local Scout & Guide for their annual shows - they all love it with not one bad word said against it apart from picky crew who are comparing it to traditional cloths.

They are made from a nylon type cloth that is quite shiny compared to the higher prices starcloths on the market. The LED's are very bright and can cause issues with video cameras. For the money they are good value offering a solution for many clients. The are best operated via DMX, if not you have to click past each program on the controller before you reach the desired preset.

HTH

Chris B.

p.s. feel free to PM for pricing :helmetsmiley:

Chris,

Do you know if the back is covered, covering up all the wiring etc. I presume they are quite lightweight if they are made from nylon, do they have ties or eyelets ? or am I wanting too much from a cheap cloth...

P.

- The connectors are pretty cheap and break quite easily.

- The edges have velcro ties on them which don't make for neat edges (without taping them back, cutting them off etc). Also makes it very hard cover the bar your hanging it from, unlike conventional cloths.

- the different channels dont fade as smoothly as professional cloths

Yes we stock them - DP29396 / DP29397.

The backs are covered with a thin-ish sheet of nylon.

Edges have velcro loops - ideal for 50mm truss, smaller diameter truss could be tricky.

Weight... they are very light for their size (9.5kg)

There is a little more info on the Prolight website >> Clicky

The LED's are very bright and can cause issues with video cameras.
Haven't ever used one, but from looking at this video here >> clicky. I see what you mean..

I guess its better than them being uselessly dim!

T

ill try and dig a photo out

they are very cheap in price and surprisingly good quality

However they dont compare to the Wool Surge ones and the LED's will need replacing occasionally as they do stop working

also the tags are on the top AND sides, which can be a bit annoying, id probably cut off the side tags if I were you

Used one @ weekend & for the price not bad. They seem to lack the slow fades between settings that the expensive fibre models do have & are as mentioned a little shiny rather than black surge/moulton material on fibre versions. but are a lot lighter in weight. Didn't notice any DMX on the one we had but may be more use than the presets on the controller. For the price don;t think you can go wrong.

Andi

. For the price don;t think you can go wrong.

Andi

Sums it up perfectly. You'll get what you pay for.

Fades aren't perfect, but they are ok.

material isn't perfect, but it's ok.

controller isn't the best, but it's ok.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know what the name of the connector used for the Star Cloths mains power is called. I have seen the connector time after time but can't find it on any of my guides or notes. I'm looking to buy a new one as mine the cable grip has gone along with the screws and I can't find any screws.

I have used the 6m x 3m one for the past year and for the price it's great and easy to use, OK it a flashing more than a dimming cloth and I have used better but for that added effect it does the job.

Our controller has had to be re-built and I have had to make changes to the inside of the controller as the plastic PCB pillars broke after two months of use and also the DIP Switches have also broken so it has a fixed address as switch 1, 9 and 10 have gone. but to be honest is has made the money we paid for it back and for small scales events it is a great product.

Archived