Advice on new PA

mousedadrummer182

If it's the choice between a new T.Amp and a used QSC RMX then go for the T.Amp. They're very similar in terms of quality and you'll get a 3 year warranty with the Thomann unit so at least you've got some come back if it dies.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's the choice between a new T.Amp and a used QSC RMX then go for the T.Amp. They're very similar in terms of quality and you'll get a 3 year warranty with the Thomann unit so at least you've got some come back if it dies.

Oh really?

Sounds good to me, a 3 year warranty is a good deal.

What are the difference in quality between the QSC RMX, PLX and GX?

Are all the Thomann T amps of similar quality?

I haven't come across the GX so can't comment. The RMX is a conventional amp design with a large toroidal transformer in the power supply. They're nice and heavy.

The PLX has a switch mode power supply design which gives lighter weight and better efficiency but some budget or older designs don't offer the low frequency performance of the conventional designs. There is also sometimes a question over their robustness but I must admit it's never been a problem for anyone I know.

In your case, an RMX is going to be more affordable than a PLX.

The smaller (non-HD) RMX models are pretty much the same design as many of the budget amps floating about.

The Thomann TA450 - TA2400 are one product range and are similar amps. They're also sold under a number of brands by various importers including C-Mark.

Just to add to the confusion, with the proliferation of generic manufacturing in the far east it's not uncommon to find the same electronics in different cases or the same cases with wildly varying qualities of amps inside. Fun isn't it?

Archived