Connecting CPC 2 wire lavalier to Shure transmitter

mozart999uk

Hi. Can anyone help me out with this?

I have the CPC MP33750 lavalier mic and I need to solder the ends to a shure TA4F connector.

The pin out is :

PIN 1 = cable shield/ audio return/ bias return

PIN 2 = +5V DC Bias

PIN 3 = audio input

PIN 4 = 20kΩ resistor to ground jumpered to pin 3

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew

Mathew

The last time I wired up a connector for the Shure transmitter I did it as shown in this diagram.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/Sound_Man_Photos/MICTA4F.jpg

The reisitor needs to be small in size to fit inside of the TA4F connector.

David

• 4 months later...

While we're at it...

I am looking for wiring diagrams of guitar cables for:

1. the Shure TA4F (LX)

2. the Sennheiser 3.5 (EW100)

Any info will be greatly appreciated,

N.Webber

1. the Shure TA4F (LX)

1. Shure TA4F - Connect as follows - PIN 1 = cable shield, PIN 3 = audio input, PIN 2 & 4 = not connected

2. Sennheiser 3.5 - Connect as follows - Sleeve (barrel of plug) = cable shield, Ring (line input) = signal, Tip (mic input) = not connected

Hope this helps

David

• 3 months later...

On a similar theme, I have a CPC Lavaliere mic, MP34153, which I'd like to get working with a Sony UTX-B1 transmitter pack. A search for suitable/relevant wiring diagrams or adaptors brought me to this page and I'm hoping somebody can explain how to re-wire/adapt the CPC mic for use with the Sony transmitter.

As fas as I know, the CPC Mic is wired for Sennheiser transmitters.

Thanks for any help !

• 2 weeks later...

2. Sennheiser 3.5 - Connect as follows - Sleeve (barrel of plug) = cable shield, Ring (line input) = signal, Tip (mic input) = not connected

Nearly, but not quite.

For guitar input on Sennheiser 3.5mm three pole jack connector for Evolution, inc. G2 and G3 -

Connect as follows -

Sleeve (barrel of plug) = cable shield,

Ring (line input) = signal

Tip (mic input) = short to sleeve.

Similarly when the mic input is used the Ring should be shorted to the sleeve. Shorting the unused input to sleeve is especially important (essential) with G3 pocket transmitters.

P.S. I have no control over the Sennheiser Web site...

And the relevant information is contained in the user manuals.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Both of the solutions offered here seem to contradict each other.

Now I'm more confused than when I came to this thread.

That is because there are two modes of use for electret mics, two wire and three wire. With the Shure connector arrangement and various other similar multi pin connectors both are possible because there is a separate audio input, DC supply and ground connection available, and in Shure's case they have even provided a bias resistor. On others, such as most Sennheiser transmitters, there is no mic level AF input that doesn't have a DC bias superimposed on it so you have to use the two wire method. I have yet to find an electret mic that can't be used in 2 wire mode. There are some that can't be easily wired in 3 wire mode though.

There is a very handy resource on this subject on the Shure web site at: Shure Tech Notes

Archived