Harting Connectors

James

I'm pricing up a couple of harting connectors and looking for the best price possible but I can't seem to get better than about £130 per M/F combination.

Is there anywhere else I should be looking or are there any other alternitaves for multipin audio, I use harting elsewhere in my rig, but this doesn't have to be the same. I need to disconect 24ch at the moment.

Also does anyone know a good source for bulk XLR's

Have tried

bryant

canford

cpc

studiospares

Cheers

James

My experiences with EDAC's have been dubious at best. I've had a number of problems that when diagnosed turned out to be a pin working loose or getting bent or drifting. It is a more affordable option though and one I will probably think about.

I didn't know that article made it to the study hall (I remember seing it posted first time on the old LAB)

Thanks

At the moment however I'm thinking that I might go for multiple XLR's and inderviduals rather than multis at this point.

(This is for building a passive monitor split by the way)

James

A lot of my clients are now using VEAM multi's. IMHO, Harting connectors get damaged too easy, especially the locking clips.

For bulk XLR, try VDC. They sell boxes of 100 for about £120 if my memory is correct.

hartings are better than edacs for mainly strength reasons, but I can't see where the rpicing structure comes from - the housings and inserts are ok price wise, but it's the pins that are out of proportion.

had trouble with Canford last year - someone had mixed up the mail and female insert code numbers .blue book picture showed one sex but that code got the opposite delivered three times!

We use 10:47 connectors on our audio multis, very simular to the military spec connectors,

10:47's @ canford

Still not cheap, but we have not broken one yet, and also being circular they are easy to pull through a hedge backwards, where as with hartings they tend to get stuck in my experience!

Mk

Most of the Larger companies I know of seem to use the variants on the 10:47 style connector- SSE, Skan and Wigwam in my 'having seen connectors that looked like that at gigs I was on but not on the Hum Scum Crew' way. They are better for having the round bodies, as they do feed (would we ever pull a cable by the lead through the rats nest at the end of the gig?) when loading out.

Archived