Lee Colortran Lamp??

Zulu

Hi,

I've just acquired a 2nd hand Lee Colortran 1kW Fresnel lantern, with no lamp. Can anyone tell me what lamp I should buy for this lantern?

thanks, Zulu.

A quick photo of the lamp holder should be able to confirm, but I would say a T19. Most 1Kw fresnels will use the same lamp holder.

Hi,

I've just acquired a 2nd hand Lee Colortran 1kW Fresnel lantern, with no lamp. Can anyone tell me what lamp I should buy for this lantern?

thanks, Zulu.

T19 is a theatre lamp GX9.5 base, whereas the Lee is a Film/TV head, using a G22 base, so a CP71 will be what you are looking for.

HTH

Richard

:angry: forgot about TV-land

Zulu, you may need to check the lamp holder, Hence the request for a photo, Lee is indeed more associated with TV / Studio lighting and there is a higher probability that it will be a CP71 rather than a T19. I have used Lee-Colourtran fresnels that have been T19's, however whether these were ex-TV conversions I would never know, the damm things are gathering dust in a church hall rig.

A Gx9,5 holder has slim pins, 1 3mm and the other 2mm thick, spaced about 10mm apart. (same as a Cantata)

A G22 holder is much bigger, the pins are both the same about 6 mm thick, spaced at about 20mm (Sometimes called a Medium Bi-Post)

The Lee Colortran series of 1Kw / 1.2Kw theatre lights was called the Windsor range. They take T11/19s for 1K and most if not all also take T29 1.2K lamps. The lamp base height will be adjustable - by selecting the correct height slot to hold it I think - if they'll take T29s. If you don't have a choice of lamp base heights then you can only use 1K lamps. Check that the reflector isn't bending toward the lamp as I've found Windsor fresnels with the reflectors melted around the lamps in the past!

Thanks for the input, folks. I tried adding photos, but can't work this machine properly !

Anyway, by the description from Neil, I believe I have a G22 base. So the CP71 seems to be the lamp for me.

Many thanks, Zulu.

(How do you insert images? When I click the "image" button, it asks for a URL address. When I paste the full address of the image, I just get an empty box appear in the reply dialog box, which doesn't appear on the post preview)

How do you insert images?
Upload the image to somewhere like photobucket. Then copy the URL that it gives you for it and paste that in the post/message box. After that, highlight the entire thing URL, then hit the insert image button.

T

P.s. try http://imageshack.us/ if you don't have a Photobucket account.

Sussed it . . . two pictures here of what I now think is a G22 base, needing a CP71 lamp.

thanks to josh and T for the photo advice.

Zulu.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_gEZQnS3zspY/SZ6trQLJtzI/AAAAAAAAAo8/cmlfhvUCPlI/S640/IMG_5663-1_edited-1.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_gEZQnS3zspY/SZ6tptNsWYI/AAAAAAAAAo0/DVZaR3MGKtM/S640/IMG_5662-1_edited-1.jpg

Archived