Another Company into administration

Johnparrack

I today have been informed that Edric Av have gone into administration. I spent 7 years there and had some happy times, I wish everyone well and hope that a buyer can be found to save an old friend . Best wishes to all at Eav

Martha H Thompson and Christopher K Rayment of BDO Stoy Hayward LLP, Kings

Wharf, 20-30 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EX were appointed Joint

Administrators of Edric Audio Visual Limited on 23 January 2009

Apologies if this has already been mentioned on another thread.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this a case of the company becoming unsustainable opposed to being run badly?

whereby not all the branches were contributing enough to cover their overheads? and is this thing liable to happen to people with a number of branches?

just curious, not speculating....

P.

More the conference end of the industry but...

2 February 2009.

Appointment of Administrators.

EXPOMEDIA EVENTS LIMITED

Appointment of Joint Administrators of the holding company Expomedia Group Plc was a fortnight ago on 16 January 2009.

Other subsidiary company HOMEBUYER EVENTS LIMITED also listed.

From the same list, on the same day:

A T S EVENTS LIMITED (Company No. 03075535) Nature of Business: Events Organisers.

THE INDEPROD PEOPLE COMPANY LIMITED (Company No. 03238520) Nature of Business: Corporate Event Organisers.

Indeprod was the company that tookover Edric either last year or the year before, so looks like the whole group has gone under.

Expomedia don't have anything listed on their website to announce the appointment of administrators, infact they still have events listed in their diary!

The world of corporate AV is not a happy place to be at present!

We called the Administrators to see what's going on with Edric. They were looking for buyers for the whole group, but I don't know how that went.

Having a look on companies house, other companies linked with Indeprod are still listed as trading, but Edric and Indeprod are definitely listed as in administration.

Corporate av is not a place to be moving into. However, if you have a good business mix, and have kept your investment up, and debt low, it's survivable.

However, if you have a good business mix, and have kept your investment up, and debt low, it's survivable.

Amen to that Peter.

Thats the plan... always has been, always will be.

The world belongs to the cautious. See you on the other side, hopefully!

M

I used to work for Edric (I was there 2 weeks!). We were doing well (mega busy) but unfortunately Indeprod went down and took us with them. No one including my bosses saw it coming because it wasnt us that were up the creek!

Apparently there were several offers for the whole of Edric but they were turned down in favour of selling stuff off individually! So thats the crack and we're left without jobs.

Archived