Variable Angle pods and gerbs...

Majik

Is there any safe way to adapt the variable angle pods to accomodate 12 second gerbs? I am fully aware of how to safely use pyros etc before anyone goes mad :)

I simply want to make a nice X shape using two angled pods at the front of our stage for the next show (which was the original idea), and the idea of doing anghles under flat pods isn't one I'm keen on.

Cheers in advance!

Majik

the gerbs dont fit in the angle pods for a reason, as they are unsafe. Adapting the pods would be both stupid and dangeraus. If something was to go wrong you would have no come back and you would be in complete ####.

best thing is to get the correct holder for the job. Le maitre do gerbs that have igniter wires, these dont have the two pins like most pyros, they have to be connected using wire junction boxes, and they sit in a 45' tube holder.

contact le maitre.

I also surgest you go on the trainning course. and learn about the safe usage of pyros

I don't think there is - the pins are on different (smaller?) centres on the angled pod.

If I remember correctly, this is to prevent effects like streamer and confetti cartridges (which have a fairly high impact/recoil/whatever) from being used in the 'ordinary' pods which aren't solid enough to deal with the resulting forces. If Lincoln, or Mark from LeMaitre, are reading this I'm sure they'll be along in a short time with a much better explanation than that! :)

Thanks for not listening Vince. I am not a child and I have probably been on more courses than most. I suggest you learn to use a spellchecker and a dictionary, and look up "condescending".

Cheers Gareth - I thought it was more for the other way round. I'm hoping for some professional way of doing it, as I've seen some abortions of bodge jobs for this very idea. An alternative would be to build an adaptor for the pins, but again I'm not keen on this rather unprofessional approach.

Thanks,

Majik

Le Maitre "Angle pods" are for plug-in cartridge type "streamers and confetti type" devices.

The pin centres are different to that of a standard pod.

As stated above you could use hard-wired Le Maitre ProStage devices in Prostage holders to achieve your effect but pay special attention to the height of the device and the fallout from the device.

You could also use Le Maitre Standard Pods with your 12 second gerbs if you securely mount them in such a way that they cannot be kicked or knocked over before they are fired.

For additional protection you could also use the Le Maitre "LOCKING-RINGS" to secure the gerb to the pod. Note: new style pods only.

Hope that helps

and do the tests and do the risk assessments

Lincoln

You could also use Le Maitre Standard Pods with your 12 second gerbs if you securely mount them in such a way that they cannot be kicked or knocked over before they are fired.

the tests and do the risk assessments

Lincoln

Blimey. Didn't expect that at all - but many thanks.

I'll build some weighted steel wedges in that case and use them, secured by pins to the staging.

We've obviously previously done risk assessments, but I'll redo it with the new setup.

Many thanks,

Majik

Archived