Pearl 2000

Nick LX

Does it have pallettes? No mention of it in the manual!

Are you for real?! There's a WHOLE CHAPTER in the manual all about palettes!

And also why with Mac250+ in mode 4, can't I use a lot of the shapes in shape generator (including rainbow thingy).

I've never had any trouble with that. You're using the right fixture personality, aren't you? And not using, say, the Mc250+ mode 2 personality instead? If you were, it would be mapping the effects onto the wrong control channels and you wouldn't stand a chance of getting anything sensible out of it.

Yes the Pearl 2000 does have palettes but they are referred to as Preset Focus's. Information about this is in the manual.

Also AFAIK rainbow will only work on fixtures with CMY mixing.

Hope that helps.

Frazer

Ok Thanks.

I did have the mode4 fixture profiles. Checked twice.

I didn't know that for the 2000 palettes was referred to as Preset Focus's.... Therefore I didn't essentially miss what I was looking for.

frazer: I thought that CMY mixing might be a big part in it.

Note that the manual refers more to the software version than the console itself. So, if you're running 2000 software then the 2000 manual would be relevant, but if you're running 2004 builds (as you should) then the 2004 manual is the correct one, regardless of actual console type. The only difference on the console might be some of the key legending (ie. [focus]/[palette])

The shape definitions link them to specific attributes. For Mac 250's you could use positional, gobo and focus although I doubt you'd find much use for the latter two! On fixed colour wheels you traditionally would use the fixtures scroll function, assuming it has one.

Note that the manual refers more to the software version than the console itself. So, if you're running 2000 software then the 2000 manual would be relevant, but if you're running 2004 builds (as you should) then the 2004 manual is the correct one, regardless of actual console type. The only difference on the console might be some of the key legending (ie. [focus]/[palette])

AFAIK the 2000 and 2004 manuals are the same. Well, the one I've downloaded from Avo's website says 2000/2004 on the front cover.

And yes, there is a whole section called 'Palettes' which is number 4 in the tutorial section and number 4 in the main reference manual.

AFAIK the 2000 and 2004 manuals are the same. Well, the one I've downloaded from Avo's website says 2000/2004 on the front cover.

No, they are different and I considered the OP had a hard copy, which he did. The 2000 manual is still available via 'september 2000' software section.

Archived