Allen & Heath iLive T Series - new lower price mixer

Mixermend

DigiCo promised a competitive price... £38,000 haha.

for which desk? and competitive compared to what?

everything's relative in the end...

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

This promises to be very competitive in price - but exactly how much?!!

The same discussion is raging over at prosoundweb. They linked to a NZ site with prices.

Obviously, you cannot make direct comparisons, but it seems to be more than LS9 but less than M7 money...

This is more of the 'smaller, lower cost products spun off from the main development work', rather than a major shake up of the market as such, but it does bring in some worthwhile competition!

Simon

the biggest change I've noticed is the lack of ethersound connectivity, which has been replaced by 'ACE', which carries both audio and control data. I'm hoping to have a peek at one of these quite soon :D

Do you think A&H will be at any events with this desk this year?

According to the A&H rep at PLASA the start price will be circa £15,000 and depending on spec upto about £35,000 . Mind you that was before the current 'financial crisis' so things way well be different now .

the biggest change I've noticed is the lack of ethersound connectivity, which has been replaced by 'ACE', which carries both audio and control data. I'm hoping to have a peek at one of these quite soon :D

They have inlcuded an expansion slot for Ethersound, MADI and Aviom - which is a wise move. You can also control with the PLanet controllers. ProSoundWeb has prices...

Example pricing (ex VAT):

iDR-32 + iLive-T80 (40 in, 24 out): £8857

iDR-48 + iLive-112 (64 in, 36 out): £10,999

The T Series will be available from February 2009

I'll amend my earlier comment... it is priced low enough to make the LS9-32 + digital stage box combination look expensive, and to make people think twice before buying an M7.

Simon

Simply going by what I can see from the pictures, it looks far more ergonomic than an LS9, which I've usually found to be quite clunky and slow to operate (hence why I would much more rather use something like my school's old K1 than an LS9).

According to the A&H rep at PLASA the start price will be circa £15,000 and depending on spec upto about £35,000 . Mind you that was before the current 'financial crisis' so things way well be different now .

that looks like the original iLive pricing :P bear in mind the £15k model doesn't have ethersound connectivity, but instead uses a pair of XLR runs for the talkback and PAFL buses. the T series will probably knock this option off the books, as its now far more appealing.

They have inlcuded an expansion slot for Ethersound, MADI and Aviom - which is a wise move. You can also control with the PLanet controllers.

ah, sorry I was just quickly flicking through the brochures for my earlier comment! I'll hopefully see one later this year.

the original iLive is to me, far more ergonomic than any other digital desk I've laid my hands on (except maybe on par with the XL8?) so I'm rather excited to see these desks filtering down into more affordable markets ;)

Example pricing (ex VAT):

iDR-32 + iLive-T80 (40 in, 24 out): £8857

iDR-48 + iLive-112 (64 in, 36 out): £10,999

The T Series will be available from February 2009

I'll amend my earlier comment... it is priced low enough to make the LS9-32 + digital stage box combination look expensive, and to make people think twice before buying an M7.

Simon

Price looks appealing if it does as it should. Something that alot of people may well look into.

I'm hoping to have a demo one within the next few weeks, so will let you know what we think. Have just had an iLive 80 on demo and reasonablly happy with it (although we'll be sticking with Yamaha for our digital desks). Watch this space!

Ben

The digital world of mixing is again about to be shaken up by the introduction shortly of the new Allen & Heath iLive T series digital mixing desk range. This promises to be very competitive in price - but exactly how much?!!

Has anyone seen, or used, an early sample yet?

Allen & Heath iLive T series Web site

Just had a late lunch with Martin Daly from Allen & Heath.

We have an I-Live 112 & iDR10 which we think is superb - not just in flexibility but in sound quality for pounds invested.

The new T-Live will be at the Evenetch Scotland show at the end of February and full price details will be with dealers in the next few days. He would have e-mailed me a price list this afternoon, but the battery went on his laptop!

Sound quality should be up there with the I-Live as it's basically the same internals, just it's not modular - what you buy is what you will be stuck with.

We will probably have a demo system next month.

Sound quality should be up there with the I-Live as it's basically the same internals, just it's not modular - what you buy is what you will be stuck with.

If I've understood correctly, the new machines run the same software as the old existing machines, so despite the packaging differences, they are the same mixer.

Archived