USB Soundcard

partyadz

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a USB Soundcard to use for with my laptop. It will be used to playback some backing tracks.

I'm only looking to spend around the £40 - £60 mark.

Anyone got any recommendations?!

Many thanks in advance!

Adam

If you can find them at the right price, although usually nearer the £80~£100 mark, either MAYA44 USB or GIGAPort USB.

The MAYA will give you 2 x stereo (or 4 mono) outputs and 2 x stereo (or 4 mono) inputs, the GIGAPort has 4 x stereo (or 8 mono) outputs and no inputs. Both cards have phono plugs.

They are ideal for DJ's or anyone wishing to have more than one stereo output, i.e. for mixing with a 'real' mixer.

I have both and use them for both DJ'ing, background sound and backing tracks.

They outperform 'sound blaster' type home cinema cards without having to spend big bucks on professional kit. Perfect for your requirements I would think.

Hi Partyadz.

If your search doesn't provide anything you find useful and you'd still like some help - then we'll need more info please!

Things like... What operating system you're planning to use this with on your laptop? Also, what kind of sound output you are looking for, eg. analogue/digital/balanced/unbalanced/etc? Will you need sound input in the near future, and from what/where?

Hi Guys

Firstly, thanks for everyones response and help.

I'm will be using it with laptop which runs windows xp. Ideally looking for a soundcarb with phono outputs. Think the Gigaport or the Maya44 are probably the best thing to go for!

Archived