Time to change

johndenim

Sometimes the spl is pretty high (well, for peavey standards) but its quality I want with it.

I have always wanted a nice rich thump on the low end, something which a chipboard cab simply isn't capable of.

The above comment worries me just slightly. Something you'll quite likely find is that, as the rest of your system improves, you may start to hear the deficiencies of the Mini Disk system as your source material.

I used to record original music in my home studio then transfer to MD for playback. Hearing the original and the MD copy back to back that way, it rapidly became obvious that one of the things missing from the MD copy was the sort of "rich thump" you're talking about.

Particularly as (if memory serves) many of your backing tracks started life as MP3 and were then transferred to MD, on a good set of cabinets you may start to hear the problems rather more dramatically than you expect.

Bob

As I mentioned in the reply to your PM, I'll put it here too to save lots of people repeating it.

NEVER buy enough equipment to do 100% of your gigs. It's a waste of money, time, space, and effort. Especially if they are big boxes that makes you carry in far too much equipment for most of your work.

The key is, for the handful of larger gigs you may do, HIRE. I'm not saying that to drum up work as a hire company very local to you. There are many more companies in the area that you may prefer.

However, when buying a system it's important to look at what you can do with a system and what you can't. It's also important to look at what local hire companies have to offer. If THEY have a particular system that will compliment your system without having to hire in a complete set of speakers and amps it will save you money on those larger gigs.

I'm not saying that to drum up work as a hire company very local to you. There are many more companies in the area that you may prefer.

Used a certain company once, let's just say they are based in sutton, and 'night' is in the company name.

The kit we hired was expensive and really bad condition, not to say yours would be Rob!

Trust that if I ever need anything I will come to you first.

BR rates of course. ;)

Sorry, forgot to mention Bobbsys comments.

You are indeed correct sir, my tracks are mp3 to MD, but I don't think I have lost any of the original quality (even if not the best) as I have transferred them via the optical input through a usb sound card.

Any Ideas how to get the best from mp3, maybe convert first? A bit OT now though.

Archived